How to keep phone alive?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kellory

Re: How to keep phone alive?

Postby kellory » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:47 am

Sailfish, don't you have 12vt power on the boat? Car charger plugged into a power port or HotWired should keep you topped off on the water, but I would recommend a back up like solar. Big batteries are great, but without recharge capability, it will not even pound tent stakes well.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:37 pm

boat yes I have 12v plugs.
Its out in the woods the issue arises

FWIW I like the $29.99 link. It's about all I would need. One charge. But I have to read up more, some stuff I have read said it can take HOURS to get a charge up.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:20 pm

So what if it does? You can use it the whole time it is plugged in, and even if you are on the move, it can remain plugged in, inside your pack.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Off Topic