Wildgame Camera Reviews

jringle8

Re: Wildgame Camera Reviews

Postby jringle8 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:32 am

I bought a micro 4 this fall and I love the little thing. It takes great pictures and is very lightweight and easy to use. I also was having a problem with blurry or half a deer pics for awhile. Naturally I thought this was immediately the cameras fault but after reading a article one day about commonly mistakes with trail cameras I realized simply the angle of my trail camera was wrong. I had the camera positioned on the side of the trail. This resulted in only getting pics of deer passing by and the classic half deer pic. I changed the angle to a different tree looking directly down the trail. This not only increased my number of pictures but I also havnt had a blurry or half of a deer pic again. Please try this and see if it works for you. My only complaint with the camera is the trigger speed could be a little faster. Other than that great camera!

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:04 pm

The Wildlife Innovations and Wildgame cameras are actually good for about 6 months, then they turn to sh*t. The IR will stop functioning, then the screen that's used to program the camera will burn out. I've had 4 of the Wildlife Innovations and every one of them did just exactly as I described. The one Wildgame camera did exactly as the others. I now run nothing but Moultrie and Cuddeback and I even have one of the Moultries that has developed the problem with the set up screen going blank, but other than that it still takes great pictures. If I could afford them, I'd have nothing but Cuddeback cameras. Mine is one of the old Capture models with the flash, and it's still the best camera I've ever owned.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:16 am

Ihave a couple WGI and for the most part pleased. (2 @ $65 each)
One I bought about 4 years ago, the other maybe 1 or 2.
Can't beat it for the money.
Takes decent night pics (if the animal isn't moving too fast), day pics are great.
My first had started to die, I took it apart and found a wire was corroded. I soldered it back and its still working.

I'll get over 8000 pics on 1/2 - 2/3 battery life. I try not to let it go dead, i have read that WGI could corrupt your card if you do which isn't a big deal IF you realize its corrupted. Its when you don't know and put it back in the unit, go back and check it 2 weeks later and you find out that you only have 3 pics
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras