#7 has been processed and delivered.

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
rthomas4

#7 has been processed and delivered.

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:56 pm

I killed this 77 lb doe last night at 6:00 under a bright half moon. I had been in the stand since around 3:30 and hadn't seen a thing except for the corn stealing squirrels. All of a sudden at 6:00 the food plot was covered up with deer when I glassed it with the binocs. I never saw them walk out and have no idea where they all came from, but this doe was off to one side, all by her self at about 90 yards. I put the scope on her and tried to make out the cross hairs, but evidently didn't do such a great job because I made a lousy shot. The T/C Encore didn't fail though and the 150 grain .308 bullet put her down without a kick.

This morning I cut it up into steaks, stew meat and some nice roasts, then wrapped it all up and delivered it to the elderly black lady that used to sit with my dad for home health care before he died. She always asks me to kill her a young tender deer for her Thanksgiving family dinner. She was excited when I showed up at her house this morning with a whole deer already packaged for the freezer and ready to thaw and cook.Image
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

kellory

Re: #7 has been processed and delivered.

Postby kellory » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:19 pm

That was a thoughtful gift. nicely done.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:38 am

That is a awesome thing to do for her. You must have a very healthy deer herd to be able to shoot that many. Does 7 come 11?
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:36 pm

Actually with the one my nephew killed, and the one my brother killed added to my 7; that makes 9 off of our almost 78 acres, so far this season. I still have two or three shooter bucks that I'd like to kill, so we'll see. I think I've probably taken enough does to get the ratio back to where I'd like it to be. The trail camera pictures will show me if I have.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to General Discussions