Spot and Stalk Archery Whitetail Video, self filmed

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
fly4fish

Spot and Stalk Archery Whitetail Video, self filmed

Postby fly4fish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Hey, I finished editing my 2012 archery Whitetail hunt video. I spent a ton of time on it and would appreciate any feedback.

http://youtu.be/_kWMqjpaEdo?t=20s

Deebz

Re: Spot and Stalk Archery Whitetail Video, self filmed

Postby Deebz » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:14 am

Awesome hunt and a gorgeous buck
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:47 am

Nicely done Sir. Where was the hit? I could not see the impact.
Two things, I carry a small piece of old wool army blanket, it's only about 4x4, and camo dyed. It has many uses, such as seat pad, when my butt gets restless, cloak when it drops in temp, and lays over barbed wire for smooth, quiet crossing. rolls up tight, and cinches around my waist, or looped over a shoulder or pack, when moving. I find it useful. Second item,I have kicked up deer, I never knew were there. In my opinion, when in the field hunting/ stalking, the arrow should have been on the string, not in the quiver.

A couple of questions. How large an area were you hunting? who's fence were you crossing? Can I assume you had written permission to hunt the other side, or was it all one property? What was the meat yield? :)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

stevenjackson

Postby stevenjackson » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:49 am

nice job, congrats and cool vid

fly4fish

Postby fly4fish » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:53 pm

kellory wrote:A couple of questions. How large an area were you hunting? who's fence were you crossing? Can I assume you had written permission to hunt the other side, or was it all one property? What was the meat yield? :)

The property I was hunting is two landowners with about 1500 acres between the two. The fence dissects range land and is the same owner. I hate trespassing; I tried it once and could not stand it! I have gotten very good at knocking on doors! I never did weigh the meat yeild, but the body was not huge, just average.

The hit was back of lungs and liver. He made it 300 - 400 yards. I knew it was back a little, so I gave him a while. Birds had actually already found him as a few mag pies flew off as I approached. They had only picked at the wound a little bit

Sounds like a good idea on the blanket for the fence. Could have used it. When going in for the final stalk though, I try to have only the essentials.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:02 pm

It IS one of my essentials. That is why I mentioned it.;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

fly4fish

Postby fly4fish » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 am

Glad you all liked. Thanks for the comments.

Return to General Discussions