Need help finding the best spot to hunt picture included

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
marlboroman47834

Need help finding the best spot to hunt picture included

Postby marlboroman47834 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 am

i haven't really deer hunted a whole lot and needing some advice on where to sit on this map everything in the green lines is where i can hunt
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.66 MiB) Viewed 1020 times

Deebz

Re: Need help finding the best spot to hunt picture included

Postby Deebz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:13 am

need more info here to be helpful to you...

what kinds of trees make up the wooded areas? what crops are in the fields? is the ground worked or is there still corn/bean stubble available for food? is there water nearby? what kinds of elevation are you dealing with: is there high ground/low ground?

can you identify any obvious deer trails/bedding areas/etc...?

most importantly, where have you seen deer on the property?
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:19 am

Where are your access points. Consider whether you can you get to your stand locations without scaring out all the deer. I like to have multiple sets for differing winds. But with the limited info we have I am going to fall back on an old rule of thumb I was taught and say place your stands on inside corners. I've placed a orange dot on two of them that I can see.

Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live.

marlboroman47834

Postby marlboroman47834 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Awesome thanks the top orange dot was a hot spot yesterday had 5 come out there and 12 turkeys about an hour later i wil have to move closer to that spot this evening... as for trails i havent had much time to get out and scout i had back surgery a few years ago and hard for me to walk thro the woods as much as id like to i appreciate all the help!

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features