Is it just me?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
rthomas4

Is it just me?

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:41 pm

...or has anyone else noticed how slow the load times have gotten for this site? It also seem to take a long time for posts to take after submitting, and I've had several confirmation codes get kicked back for being incorrect and they weren't. The overall speed of the site has really decreased in the last couple of days and it's approaching the slow response times of the cussed NAHC site!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

shaman

Re: Is it just me?

Postby shaman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:25 pm

No problems here.

. . . but then the Pro-Staffer's Secret Club House does have a T3 line direct to the Internet :D
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:25 pm

No issues here either. You did you tip the administrator, right? :o
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:39 am

And I just want to say right here that I'm proud that I live in a state that lets me access this website without any restriction whatsoever. I can view any page, any time and there is no one to tell me what browser I need to use . . .

. . . sorry. That just came out. I'm not really sure why.

:roll:
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:59 am

I swear sometimes it does not accept the code that I typed in as correct. With that I agree...and I did tip the admin.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:38 am

Shaman, I had to laugh at your last post, because the NAHC site did exactly that when it told people to change browsers! I have used Firefox for several years and seem to have much better luck with it than with IE. Sometimes I do believe that my internet service provider may be the source of some of the problems I encounter; but strangely enough it's always been a problem with the NAHC and now recently here. I don't experience the same trouble with any of the other three hunting sites I participate on. I honestly believe the slow speeds are associated with the number of bits of information that has to be downloaded for the advertisements and extraneous information compared to the other sites. The thing with the confirmation code is just puzzling. It happened with every post I submitted two days ago, and has occurred at various other times in the past.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:49 pm

I have not had a problem, I use firefox
Doug

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:09 pm

This morning and tonight, it's back up to speed. Could very well have been my service provider CenturyLink.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:12 pm

...or the hamster was off his feed and wasn't running as hard as he usally does.

If it does happen again try sacrificing a chicken. If that doesn't work try a goat.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to General Discussions