Count Down to Opening Day

wilmer thrun

Re: Count Down to Opening Day

Postby wilmer thrun » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:23 pm

LOL. NOT! You guys must have night vision. I rarely can sit till shooting time as its too dark to see the sights and pick a spot so even 2 minutes after legal shooting light would be out of the question let alone 20 minutes. LOL. Lets not make things up to try and make a point that doesnt exist. It makes your argument weak and lame. After nearly 40 years of hunting with both bow and gun, the shear volume of wounded rotten gun shot deer that I have found is a magnitude or order higher than anything I ever see with bow. Its just silly to try and compare the two.

ridgewalker

Postby ridgewalker » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Now there is a suggestion, "if you don't like people shooting fawns, put out a pile of corn". Let's all take the high road and dump a load in the middle of our hunting property so the guy next door can't shoot deer. Hmmm! Is it me or is somebody missing the point here? Just asking! I think, I will exercise a little self control and discipline instead. I'm wondering, is shooting an older, mature, and fawn-less doe better herd management? Logic and common sense would seem to tell a hunter that if you shoot a doe with triplets, the fawns chance of survival is reduced. Which in turn would lead to a greater reduction in overall deer numbers, a concern that seems to be a hot topic these days. And, make sure you call in those pre-light shots that are over a mile away with a full description of the party involved, exact location and time because you illuminated your cell phone, made the call, and spoke to a sherif while on stand in the predawn. No chance of giving your location away to every critter in the woods. OK then!

willypete

Postby willypete » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:53 pm

ridgewalker wrote:Now there is a suggestion, "if you don't like people shooting fawns, put out a pile of corn". Let's all take the high road and dump a load in the middle of our hunting property so the guy next door can't shoot deer. Hmmm! Is it me or is somebody missing the point here? Just asking! I think, I will exercise a little self control and discipline instead. I'm wondering, is shooting an older, mature, and fawn-less doe better herd management? Logic and common sense would seem to tell a hunter that if you shoot a doe with triplets, the fawns chance of survival is reduced. Which in turn would lead to a greater reduction in overall deer numbers, a concern that seems to be a hot topic these days. And, make sure you call in those pre-light shots that are over a mile away with a full description of the party involved, exact location and time because you illuminated your cell phone, made the call, and spoke to a sherif while on stand in the predawn. No chance of giving your location away to every critter in the woods. OK then!

I see nothing wrong with putting down corn to keep fawns safe if that is such a big issue to you. If your neighbor wants to shoot fawns guess what...HE CAN. Why Dont you stop whining about every little thing and worry about your own hunting. Stop acting like you own the deer or that one way to hunt is right.

If you Dont want to call it in then shut up and hunt. Obviously you only care enough to whine and moan about it. Stop worrying about people a mile away and worry about yourself.

Sad people can't just let the little things go anymore more. Too busy worrying about what other hunters are doing and blaming them for their deer herd problems etc. No longer about just getting a deer and enjoying the hunt. All about trying to make the perfect herd with monster bucks to kill.

Bow hunting is all about being selfish and having a massive ego to feed. How many families go out bow hunting together and then enjoy it afterwards? VERY LITTLE. Usually one guy or maybe him and a buddy....sad really. At least gun hunters know how to be a family and enjoy the hunt/outdoors. And if that means shooting fawns at least they had fun and got a deer...isn't that what its all about?

Loosen up a tad and just go out worry about yourself. Stop getting bent out of shape over a late shot a mile away. Honestly if you aren't going to do anything why do you bother coming here to whine about it? Ever go talk to your neighbor and educate him...doubt it so why make a big deal.

wilmer thrun

Postby wilmer thrun » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:15 am

willypete wrote:
ridgewalker wrote:Bow hunting is all about being selfish and having a massive ego to feed. How many families go out bow hunting together and then enjoy it afterwards? VERY LITTLE. Usually one guy or maybe him and a buddy....sad really. At least gun hunters know how to be a family and enjoy the hunt/outdoors. And if that means shooting fawns at least they had fun and got a deer...isn't that what its all about?

What? Epic fail. Very wrong. Painting with errored broad stroked. Bowhunting is about hunting with family and challenging yourself with a very short range weapon. The bowhunting family is big. Hunting with family and friends is a huge part of our weekly bowhunting camps. Perhaps you dont bow hunt or you know very little about it because you got it wrong on an epic scale. LOL at "selfish ego feed" That might be the silliest thing I have read online and thats saying a lot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:21 am

You guys arguing over which method is better are all ridiculous. Bowhunting vs Gun hunting should never be a debate. The level of worthiness of this argument is akin to having a lengthy discussion on whether the toilet paper should come off the top of the roll vs the bottom of the roll. Either way you end up with a clean backside.

ESPECIALLY when you consider the original point of this thread was to share excitement for the opportunity to get out and enjoy hunting in general, this argument becomes nothing more than a petty version of "Mine's bigger"...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

willypete

Postby willypete » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Haha oh you Dont like me using one type of bow hunters to judge them as a whole? Cause that's what you bow hunters seem to be doing in this thread about gun hunters.

Maybe someday you will understand they are two VERY different ways to hunt...both with their advantages and disadvantages. Neither is easier than the other.

There are gun poachers and bow poachers.
There are gun trespassers and bow trespassers.
There are gun idiots and bow idiots.

You see where I'm going? What's the end hopeful result for each? To enjoy the time in the woods and to get a deer. There is no right or wrong way to enjoy it or what kind of deer to get.(as long as legal and safe...which most of gun and bow hunters follow).

Meules37

Postby Meules37 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Well it's been fun (sort of) guys, the stupid comments by these bowhunters has put me over the edge and I'm done wasting time on this site. Seems like every topic goes back to this same debate (if you can call it that) and it's just not worth my time anymore. I'll find a different site that hopefully provides as much info as this one has for me while I learn the subtle nuances of hunting, but doesn't have the idiotic debates this one does. Adios.

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:34 am

Congrats, "gentlemen", though I use that term loosely. This thread has achieved "epic fail" level, when you drive a potential hunter from our tender care. Great way of promoting our sport, and this site. I hope you are proud of yourselves. :(

As for the toilet paper, deebz, clearly it MUST go on top. No one should have to dig between the roll and the wall to find the loose end, that way lies madness!;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

umpiremark

Postby umpiremark » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:54 pm

Please have the guts, Rancid, to admit that there unethical bow hunters, slobs and fawn killers (ever get your guns back, Rancid??) are deeply entrenched in both sports. Bow hunters who shoot by night, kill and don't find ... etc.do exist in Wisconsin and everywhere.

You may not realize it (cuz you're too full of yourself) but you personally and the WBHA is driving more Wisconsinites away from bowhunting in Wisconsin, than helping the sport.

I too stopped coming to this site because of you and you alone. I just glance in from time to time to see how the real sportsman are doing.
One day my ship will come in!! My luck, I'll be at the airport.

wilmer thrun

Postby wilmer thrun » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:13 am

How did the Wisconsin Bear Hunters Assoc drive away bowhunters?????? :D

Previous

Return to Wisconsin