the family hunting cabin

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
kellory

the family hunting cabin

Postby kellory » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:39 pm

I promised to get a few pics of the racks on the walls of the hunting cabin, next time I was there. I am afraid I can not fulfill that promise. Only a few small racks are still ON the walls. We have had yet another break-in, and the wanton destruction, gives me strong feeling of anger and violence. Some people just need to be spanked. :evil:
this farm has been in our family for generations, and we nearly lost it to back taxes once, until another family member stepped up and bought the farm, to keep it in the family. there are a great many family and hunting memories associated with this place.

We arrived for the yearly hunt, to find the door smashed in with a sledge, and everything torn off the walls and piled like trash in the floor. All the racks were scattered like shelled corn across the pile. Those that remain unbroken are to be remounted. The game camera we had set to watch the approach, is gone.
I took some pics, and I will add them here later.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Re: the family hunting cabin

Postby kellory » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:32 pm

These are from after the clean-up. I was too angry to think of a camera with the initial mess.
lady on the wall is likely dead of old age by now..jpg
lady on the wall is likely dead of old age by now..jpg (156.64 KiB) Viewed 767 times
enterior D.jpg
enterior D.jpg (199.61 KiB) Viewed 767 times
enterior C.jpg
enterior C.jpg (200.17 KiB) Viewed 767 times
enterior B.jpg
enterior B.jpg (141.54 KiB) Viewed 767 times
the remains.jpg
the remains.jpg (154.69 KiB) Viewed 767 times
my 8 point.jpg
my 8 point.jpg (195.87 KiB) Viewed 767 times
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:03 am

Sorry to hear about your problems at the cabin. Seems like there is always some idiot or idiots out there who enjoys causing others problems. Why can't people just live and let live. Just once you'd like to catch them in the act. Only thing you can say is, it could have been worse.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

shaman

Postby shaman » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:49 am

Kellory: I'm very sorry to hear about your trouble at the cabin. I've not been broken into, at least not in a serious way. However, every time I go down I worry. Here's something that I stick on all the windows that seems to help.

Attention Burglars:

This is a hunting cabin. It is kept for the weekend amusement of our family and their friends. We’re a bunch of financially-strapped suburbanites who can’t afford decent vacations. Please leave our stuff alone. We have intentionally left this place worthless so that it would be of no value to anyone but ourselves. If you wish to enjoy it, please come and introduce yourself and become our friends. We will invite you in and you can share the fellowship that is the real treasure of this place.

This cabin does not contain
• Money
• Jewelry
• Appliances or fixtures costing over $100
• Alcohol, tobacco, or controlled substances
• Prescription drugs
• Industrial solvents worth huffing
• Guns or ammunition
• Magazines with pictures of unclothed women

In short: anything of value leaves with us when we drive-off on Sunday afternoon.

This cabin does contain:
• A personal computer pulled out of the trash and repaired—value less than $25
• A boom box with a busted CD player.
• Canned goods that people bring us that we don’t eat.
• A few power tools, some of which were purchased during the Ford Administration. One came from Eisenhower's first term.
• A lot of camouflage clothing—all of it cheap
• Dinnerware that came from dead relatives and Walmart
• Magazines with pictures of naked deer and turkeys
• Furniture that was pulled from other peoples’ trash
• A fascinating little surprise built around a 10 GA shotgun shell You get to guess where they’re hidden. My buddy says it won’t work, but I tried it out on an old phone book, and you should see the results!

Anything of value stored in the barns, probably isn’t ours, and we’d be as surprised as you to find it. There’s a lock on the curing shed to keep the kids from playing inside. You will need a chainsaw to get in. Please be assured there is nothing of value within.

There now, we’ve given you an inventory of our cabin and saved you the trouble of breaking in just to be disappointed (or worse). Please return the favor for now by leaving.

Thank you,

The Shamanic Dream Team

It includes a picture of the 10 GA surprise.
Everything in the letter is true in that we are assiduous in making sure anything of value comes with us at the end of the weekend.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:09 pm

Yea, that's pretty lousy what was done to your place Kellory.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:25 pm

Boy nothing worse than thieves
Sorry to read about this
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Return to General Discussions