4th down

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

4th down

Postby Homunculi » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:41 am

driving home from work last night thinking about dinner and work the next day when a doe popped out in front of me ...
F350 vs deer .. i won this round :)

after i stopped some gal got out of her car and started screaming OMG OMG and i am standing there with my gutting knife trying to slice the throat on the deer .. so while i am telling this gal to calm down the doe expired ..
she was freaking out so bad the only thing i could do was lower my lift gate load her up and drive off to the st patrol station to get a tag ...

packed in ice and waiting for a sunday afternoon butchering
Attachments
number4.jpg
number4.jpg (67.13 KiB) Viewed 219 times
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

rthomas4

Re: 4th down

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:01 am

You have to report road kill and get a tag to pick it up??????????????????? Down here, we just load it and go. If we have damage to the vehicle, all we do is notify our insurance company and turn in the estimates for repairs. No reports needed and no permits required to claim the animals. That's why I get so mad when I see dead deer left to waste on the side of the road!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Homunculi

Re: 4th down

Postby Homunculi » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:17 pm

yeah we have to have a officer write a claim tag letting us take possession of the deer carcase .. sucks but best to be legal ..

no damage to my truck at all ... if she would have gotten more to the grill i would be in big trouble .. the charged air cooler trans cooler .. all the fun stuff for a diesel behind the grill
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Return to General Discussions