Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
crossbow

Postby crossbow » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 am

Last edited by crossbow on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kellory

Re: colt.45 for sale

Postby kellory » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:03 am

Crossbow, much as I would like one, we do not have a market place section. This ain't Craig's list. (And even they will not allow buy and sale of guns.) This is not the legal place for that activity. Some states allow for selling only at a gun store licenced for that purpose. Rules are different all over the country. Please retract your ad. (All advertising must be cleared with Big Ben, anyways.) :|
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Kellory, you mean regular forum users can't offer to sell, swap, or trade items with each other on the forum pages? I realize that guns would require getting an actual FFL involved, but no items at all between members??????? I also understand the difference between spammers trying to sell as opposed to regulars, but hasn't crossbow been around for a while? If someone were interested after he made his post, then went to the pm section to get particulars and cut a deal is that actually forbidden??????? I've never seen such a prohibition on any of the various sites I participate on, if that's indeed the case.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Thomas, I'm not staff, and I have already stated I would like to have such a section, but the choice e is not mine. This question has come up several times, and the answer has always been no.
To the best of my knowledge, buying, selling, and trading cannot be done here.

Of course, if someone had made a private offer(not on the forums, and completely by PM) we would of course, never know about it.

Until the powers that be, change their minds, that is the way of it.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:25 am

Good to know, I had a few items I had planned to tell folks about; guess I'll just do it on the other sites I'm on.
Question, though. There is a non-profit organization called Hunters Helping Hunters that periodically holds auctions to raise money that is paid directly to hospitals, doctors, funeral homes, etc. They have conducted these auctions on the NAHC forums in the past; but due to the screwed up situation over there, probably will not be using that site in the future. Is it permissible to provide information about an event such as that on here, when the next auction is held? There are usually some pretty good items offered (such as the Randall Knife I purchased for $90.00 a couple of years ago that has been appraised at almost $1,000) and since none of the funds are paid to individuals, but rather directly to the service providers, there isn't any way some one can pull a scam and collect the proceeds of the auction. If anyone is interested in getting more information about HHH, send me a pm and I'll provide their web address so people can check it out for themselves. I hope this post isn't a violation since I'd certainly not want to do anything wrong, but am curious.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:44 pm

As far as I know, it just needs to be approved by staff first. Usually that means a email to Big Ben, however, he seems to be missing in action lately.
There are, however, other staff to contact. Get it cleared, and you should be fine.

Woods Walker

Re: 0

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:51 pm

WHEW! I thought by the title that this thread was about Obama! I'd rather talk about weapons!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:23 pm

Sounds like Killroy is Big Ben
Doug

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Retranger wrote:Sounds like Killroy is Big Ben

No sir, I am not even a stump sitter. Were I Big Ben, I would simply have zapped his ad, then followed with the voice of he who must be obeyed as he laid down the "thou shalt nots"
IE: thou shalt not advertive freely,
Thou shalt not spameth the forum,
Thou shalt not instruct in illegal methods,
Thou shalt not buyeth , nor selleth, nor tradeth, except yee be a paideth advertizer.
Ext.....

If you feel I am in any way incorrect, by all means feel free to correct me. Or contact the staff, and ask them to allow for the transfer of items between ourselves.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:26 am

I will 2nd what retranger said.
Killroy you seem to think you run this forum. Just like when I made a smart remark about retch a while back and you thought is was up to you as to what I can and cannot post.
We can all have our own opinion as long as it is ok with you.
Just my $.02
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Next

Return to Off Topic