Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Sailfish

Re: 0

Postby Sailfish » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Rocky and Alan I believe are the 'new' Ben for the forum.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:11 pm

Sailfish wrote:Rocky and Alan I believe are the 'new' Ben for the forum.

I have noticed that they are "on line" fairly frequently lately. Perhaps their role is returning.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:49 pm

:|
pickleguy wrote:I will 2nd what retranger said.
Killroy you seem to think you run this forum. Just like when I made a smart remark about retch a while back and you thought is was up to you as to what I can and cannot post.
We can all have our own opinion as long as it is ok with you.
Just my $.02

I'm just trying to follow the rules, gents, nothing more. If I remember correctly, pickle guy, you were hammering Retch pretty hard with personal attacks. (Flaming) . I'm not aware of any forum that allows that. I asked you to tone it down, because this is a family access site. You could hammer him by private message with more effect, but you chose to make it a public shaming. You are better than that. This forum is better than that.

I will continue to report spam for clean up, and. In this case , a clear violation of the rules. I have worked behind the scenes, helping to clean up spam on this site for several years. I receive nothing in return, Nor have I asked for anything.

This flock is not mine, but I am a sheepdog, it is in my nature to preserve and maintain the safety of the sheep. Sometimes the sheep stray. Sometimes the wolves prowl. I watch and guard.

Don't like it? Complain to the Shepard. He could have a new dog easy enough.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:49 pm

"This flock is not mine, but I am a sheepdog, it is in my nature to preserve and maintain the safety of the sheep. Sometimes the sheep stray. Sometimes the wolves prowl. I watch and guard"...quote Kellory

Pretty sure that I would not consider myself a part of any "flock" nor a sheep, for that matter. Very poor analogy Kellory.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:53 pm

There is only one Shepard our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so I will not be needing any sheparding from the likes of Killroy the forum cop.
This is the last you will hear from me on this forum.
Be Blessed
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:54 pm

pickleguy wrote:There is only one Shepard our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so I will not be needing any sheparding from the likes of Killroy the forum cop.
This is the last you will hear from me on this forum.
Be Blessed

Well, we start out with a forum rule violation, and a polite request to remove it. Even though it is a rule I personally disagree with, I just like you, agreed to comply with the forums rules, when I signed up. Same as you did.
We were ALL asked by Ben, to report any issues, or spam, as it was a large site with a lot of members (roughly 13,500. Last I checked) but how many actually do as requested? Not that many. Most just leave it for someone else to deal with, after all, it's a free forum, it's not like it was your trash left behind. Many would complain about spammers, but few made much effort to help locate and remove it. That's fine, I clean up after others in the woods as well. It's part of Stewardship.
This conversation annoys me for a couple of reasons, first because it not easy to do on a phone screen of just a couple of inches. Nor can I copy and paste, track your quotes, highlight, or any of the easier or more accurate methods of response. So this is completely off the top of my head, so forgive me if it rambles some.
Forum rules are much like poker rules, understood by all when you dealed yourself in. You don't try to change them while the hand is in play, but between games, and with the dealer's permission. You want the rules changed? Talk to the guys who wrote 'em. This is what you agreed to. Now, how good is your word?
Second reason this annoys me, is because this is a no-brainer. It has come up several times(as I already said) and Ben said NO. (If I recall, I think it had something to do with liabilities) but the fact was, he said NO. If you want to discuss it with him, by ALL MEANS, do so. I, personally, would LIKE to be able to do a deal with fellow hunters.
Now, like that poker game, any player can call, if something ain't right, and I did. You could have, but you didn't. We are ALL supposed to adhere to the forum rules and the code of conduct. If you got called out for so be it. I have been called for it myself. One of the locked threads is mostly because of me.
Pickle guy, there is a thread here called "BIG DEER DOWN" I think, where a young hunter MAY have embellished his hunting skill with fictional kills. No proof was forthcoming for or against, but this forum, acted hot for blood! It was a rollercoaster of piling on. He never came back to face his accusers. There were a few who said wait for pics, and withhold judgment until we know the facts, but very few. Only one voice really came forward to shout down the crowd of unruly, insenced hunters, ms badger. I would suggest you read that thread pickle guy, you have a tendency to pile on like that, as you did with Retch. That's why I stepped on you then, and why you are still bent out of shape about it now. Your temper is just as volatile as my own. But I am trying to funnel mine into doing good.

Weather you walk away or not, is entirely your choice. I hope you stay, but you are a big boy, and you can decide for yourself. But God was not part of this conversation, until you chose to divert it even further off course. Ben is the shepard here,(small S) God has better things to do, I would hope.
Third reason this conversation annoys me, if you had an personal issue with me, it should have been handled by PM, but again you chose to go for a public display. If that angers you, or embarrasses you, again, you brought it on yourself. You got slapped down because you earned it. You, and several others piled onto the man for a personal failing, that probably should have never made it to this board. A failing he paid for in money, and position, and shame. I know of forums that will kick you out for revealing ANY personal info not your own. It was turning into another which-hunt. I don't like that he broke a law, a law that would get funny looks here. But the place for that is in the courts, not hounded through the threads of a forum like a murderer through the streets.
This was a no brainer, and really shouldn't have required an explanation. Follow the rules, just because you agreed to, when you signed up.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Ohio farms wrote:Pretty sure that I would not consider myself a part of any "flock" nor a sheep, for that matter. Very poor analogy Kellory.

RIGHT ON OHIO FARMS!!!!!!!
Doug

kellory

Postby kellory » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Ohio farms wrote:"This flock is not mine, but I am a sheepdog, it is in my nature to preserve and maintain the safety of the sheep. Sometimes the sheep stray. Sometimes the wolves prowl. I watch and guard"...quote Kellory

Pretty sure that I would not consider myself a part of any "flock" nor a sheep, for that matter. Very poor analogy Kellory.

Somehow, a post was lost.
I don't recall calling you a sheep, nor did I state the number of sheepdogs. I do however, recall putting your name forward, when it was suggested to me, to pick up the stump-sitter badge, (a lead sheepdog)and fill that role. I felt you were better suited for the role, than I.
We do have sheep, some of them barely know the pointy end goes away from you, when shooting a bow. Some have never hunted before, and are hungry to learn. They need mentoring, guidance, and knowledge.it is a large part of why we are here. To pass on knowledge.
You have already proven to be calm and levelheaded. That is why I suggested you for a role no sheep could handle. There was no insult intended, merely a level of involvement. You have always been helpful, knowledgeable, and almost always pleasant of demeanor. You already act as a sheepdog.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 pm

If I may.......I think this is appropriate.
From last year on a simliar thread:

Ben Sobieck wrote: Knock it off.

Nothing wrong with a good discussion and voicing your opinion, but it seems some of these turn personal, folks get offended, items lost in the 'translation' and it gets ugly...whatever it may be, maybe we can filter it down, perhaps IM our feelings privately amongst those involved??
Just my $.02 on the matter.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Sailfish wrote:If I may.......I think this is appropriate.
From last year on a simliar thread:

Sailfish wrote:Ben Sobieck wrote: Knock it off.

Behind you 100% Sailfish!!!! The forum has it's own folks to POLICE the forum and folks should not take it upon themselves to try to do it!!!
Doug

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic