feeling a blade in my back

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Homunculi

feeling a blade in my back

Postby Homunculi » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:43 pm

this hurts bad ... i have been a resident of ohio for over 40 years ... i just got the news that my primary hunting (private land) has just sold and i have to get all my equipment out by feb 1 ...
after getting that news i got another bombshell dropped in my lap ... my boss got busted cheating on his wife of 24 years ....

i know the 2nd part should not play much into the equation but it is a breaking point in my life for me to make a move to north carolina and leave so many good and bad memories behind... to make a new start ...
if things turn very sour for my boss and i get let go ... it is off to the trailer rental and load up .. put the house up for sale and beat feet to a new stomping ground ...
but then the hassles of finding new job ... house.. and private properties to hunt .. then having to hunt public lands :shock:

the sale of my inlaws property has been haunting me for well over a year ... this sh*t with my boss just started .. .. there is more to this .. i just do not need to air my bosses dirty laundry here
well other than what i said happened ...
:( :( :(

feeling cornfused right now ... .. . ..
If I ain't huntin i ain't livin!!

hunting is not only skill but, being in the right place at the right time ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
revelation 30" barrel 12G
Bear Encounter

Sailfish

Re: feeling a blade in my back

Postby Sailfish » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:28 am

I literally thought this was going to be about a pain in your back (Physical), I could have offered advice.

Can't help you with the real issues, only support........hang in there
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:17 am

You can't make a new start in Ohio? Or is it that you have friends/family in NC? In any case, I sure wish you the best! I hope everything works out in your favor.
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:18 pm

Sierra wrote:You can't make a new start in Ohio? Or is it that you have friends/family in NC? In any case, I sure wish you the best! I hope everything works out in your favor.

been here all my life .. mom passed away 5 years ago .. restarted here so many times .. i just feel like there is nothing holding me back .. i vacation in the outer banks and love the ocean... it would be great for me and the mrs to move there plus i have family there and in v.a. beach ..
me and the mrs have talked about moving down there over the past 10 years so it would be a new start ....

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Follow your heart, and seek out your dreams. We will be here for you when the dust settles.

Carpe diem.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:23 am

. . . and if you decide you want to move to North Carolina by way of Northern KY, there's lots of really good deer land for sale near me.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:04 am

I believe NC has a longer and more liberal hunting season; plus I think you can run dogs on the coastal areas. They also have some great coastal black bear hunting!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Bowriter

Postby Bowriter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:07 pm

You know, some folks have real problems. So far and as far as you know, you have to find a new place to hunt. Do you have any idea how many have never had a place of their own to hunt and are actually quite happy. Sorry but I am a little short on sympathy for something that trivial right now.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:26 am

Bowriter; I understand where you're coming from; but for those of us who are used to having our own (or access to) property, that loss is something that people who've never had such a luxury can't understand. It would be much the same for people who have always hunted public land to discover that access has suddenly been denied on the whim of some political hack.

As someone who has suffered the untimely loss of their wife, undergone strokes, had open heart surgery and placed on disability after fighting for over 5 years while depleting every penny of savings in the process I can tell you about hardship and heartache. If I lost my little piece of property that I hunt on almost every single day of the year, it would probably be the last straw. Every one of us have to deal with things that are difficult and how we deal with them is dependent on what type of character we have. For many of us that character was built by living off of the land and by working that or a similar piece of land; to lose access to that is like losing a piece of ourselves. So while it may same trivial to some folks, it can be devastating to others. In light of the plight of our country and the manner in which our way of life is being destroyed piece by piece, many of us hold our hunting rights and our hunting lands to be the single most important constant in an ever decaying nation. Maybe you are short on sympathy for such a loss; but for others it's something that touches us as being near and dear.

This is just a personal observation from someone who has lost the most important pieces of their life and cherishes the land for what it provides..........trivial as that may be!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Homunculi

Postby Homunculi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Bowriter .. as rthomas4 pointed out losing something might be devistaing to one and trivial to another .. as rthomas4 lost more than i have over the years .. my hunting career has been hampered for a long time ... as i have posted (that you think is trivial to you) this is the least of my worries over the past 30 years of hunting ... but i have my concerns can i find another private property to hunt ... i used to only hunt publuic lands "till the political BS" closed the big one i used to hunt that was close to me .. making me drive an hour + to hunt ... then i got permission to hunt my inlaws property ... since then they re-opend the pubclic lands i used to hunt ..

after i got started ... getting strarted with my gear ,, i got sued die child support .. not letting me get anything more than a shotgun to hunt with -- so 19 years of nothing but shotgun hunting season here in ohio .. sucked pond water ... but after the order was up .. i have been able to get a crossbow and a compound ..

rthomas4 has lost so much more than i have .. you can say that mine is trivial because i have not ever lost that much ... his losses are greater ... i have my reaons for my thoughts .. esp after restarting my life here in ohio so many times .. i am hitting a breaking point ..

1. my mother passed away 5 years ago and me and the mrs wanted to move to OBX but could not ... " she kept us here"
2. i landed a job that kept me out of jail but turned into me managing 3 stores and 6 properties
3. my youngest is still in school
4. the overbearing child support order has ended ... i can afford things now but still live on a tight budget ..
5. this BS with my boss and hookers might bust the company up ... since his wife is co-signed on EVERYTHING
6. having a "private property" hunting spot saved me from hauling my equip in and out on a hunting day basis .. also knowing no one else was there and or hunting the property

bowriter ... people veiw things from differant perspectives ... mine right now is the loss of my mother ... the loss of a good hunting spot ... and the loss of a good boss/job (because of his own stupidity)
think what you want .. do as you do .. i do not will not stop you .. in fact i will pray that you keep more compasion for freinds family and other hunters no matter how trivial you think their problems are ...

gear:
tenpoint TITAN HLX
Bear Encounter

Next

Return to General Discussions