Purchasing a rifle scope

Buckwhiskers

Purchasing a rifle scope

Postby Buckwhiskers » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 am

I am looking to purchase a new rifle scope this year. I'm not a rich man so I'm looking for biggest bang for my buck. I like the Nikon and the Leopold - any suggestions for a good quality scope at a reasonable price? Thanks.

Retranger

Re: Purchasing a rifle scope

Postby Retranger » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:33 pm

I have gone with the Leopold and not disappointed, and they have lifetime warrenty :!: :!:
Doug

gatodoc

Postby gatodoc » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Nikon Monarch, Leupold VX-3, Zeiss Conquest 3X9 are me 3 favorites in order.

I didn't appreciate the clarity and light gathering capabilities of the better scopes until I got them. Now I won't go back in quality.

TrailCamGuy

Postby TrailCamGuy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:21 pm

If you are looking to buy a good quality riflescope at an affordable, I would consider a Nikon riflescope. Nikon makes some of the best scopes at aan ffordable price range. Nikon P-223 3x32 Matte BDC Carbine is less than $150.

vanbachbn

Postby vanbachbn » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:34 am

I think you should choose UTG 30mm Swat (3-12X44) Compact (AO Mil Dot and 36 Colors EZ-Tap). This product is the BEST SELLER on Amazon.com. Price under $120.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:22 pm

You can ask 10 people and probably get 10 different answers. I own several different name brand scopes; but for the price and the quality I've found KONUS to be as good as or better than many of the higher priced optics out there. I actually replaced both a Leupold and a Burris with Konus scopes and have never regretted it. My Nikon can't touch the Konus for clarity and FOV in low light situations. You can also save the shipping cost and the dealer mark-up by going directly to their site on the internet and ordering directly from them.

My 3x12x50 with adjustable objective and lighted reticle(all their models have the lighted reticle) was only $140.00 when it was purchased about 8 years ago. I saw the same scope at a dealer recently and he had a $429.00 price tag on it. I also have a 3x9x44 model on my varmint rifle.........dealer price three years ago was $289.00, and price directly from Konus was $160.00; current dealer tag is $389.00.

BTW, their products also have a lifetime warranty and no proof of purchase is required. So the warranty goes with the scope, not just to the original purchaser!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

hoosier hunter

Postby hoosier hunter » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:16 pm

I have to go with Leupold here. I have about 6 or 7 of them and have never been disapointed with any I even have one on my squirel gun .22 Kimber. I don't have any experience with Konus as rthomas4 mentioned, but they are definately a cut above the Nikons. The difference in clarity is better but the real diff is during low light times. There have been several times when I could not make out a deer at a distance but I could look through the scope and probably could have taken an ethical shot had it been legal to do so. It was long past legal shooting light. Hope that helps.

http://www.thehoosierhunter.com

Return to Optics