Surprising stat

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
kellory

Re: Surprising stat

Postby kellory » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:48 pm

Agreed. Also, when a question or problem is posed, answer it as fully as you can. A full answer may cover bases they hadn't thought of, or mention resourses they didn't know about, or events unknown, (such as that summer management hunt)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:10 am

rthomas4 wrote:It is important that existing regular members take time to recognize and welcome those new members who do post questions, or just post an introductory comment. Often the simple fact of recognizing those new members helps ease their introduction to the site and bolsters their enthusiasm not only to hunting, but also to participating in the various threads where they are comfortable contributing their thoughts and knowledge.

GOOD ADVICE but I have read some responses on here that were quite unfriendly to some new posters and have not seen them on here since. My observation
Doug

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Ohio farms wrote:I checked this stat and was kind of shocked.
In the last week 200 people have signed up and joined this forum. Out of those 200 only 13 posts were made with nobody posting more than twice. Are we that boring?

Ok, I admit I am bad about checking in like I should. I do enjoy the forum, there is no real reason why I don't check in daily.

That really is a LOT of people for so few new people posting.

HEY NEW PEOPLE! We don't bite :D Welcome to the forum!
And then the moon, like to a silver bow new bent in Heaven

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:45 pm

One thing that took me awhile to pick up on when I started visiting here was the "unread posts" link... At first, I was going from the home page to the forum, and then opening each thread. After awhile, it got confusing as to which threads I had already read and was current on. Then I figured out the link that takes me to all of the posts I havne't yet read across all of the different pages...

That may be something that helps some of the newbies who may be still getting used to navigating the forum...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:59 pm

I wish that you had told me that earlier Deebz...Duh on me.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:39 pm

I usually check in on the forum every day and I normally just click on the "view todays posts" If someone has a post that I may have info for I will answer the post, but if someone has already answered with the same info I will leave it alone, no real need for repetition.
Doug

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Sorry Ohio farms! I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it before once I figured out how it worked...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 am

I'll say Deebz, it's great now that I've started using it.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:05 pm

You know on the old site I was here a lot, but when it switched I really did not care for the format at all and let them know why I was leaving...then when I came back to say hi I saw all the spamming then the enter code..which sometimes doesn't work correctly. I miss many of you guys. The thing is, if a post is made and someone checks in and see's no one replying well gives ya a bit of a hint... :|
If ppl have to constantly be fighting ,calling names, nit picking every thing . 40 pages of garbage that's not any fun either.
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:13 am

msbadger wrote:If ppl have to constantly be fighting ,calling names, nit picking every thing . 40 pages of garbage that's not any fun either.

You hit the nail right on the head :!: :!:
Doug

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic