Ice fishing

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Ohio farms

Re: Ice fishing

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:47 pm

I don't really like the ice and cold either, but here in NE Ohio we get 4 months of it, so I might as well make use of it. Come February it starts to get really OLD!
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:38 am

Normally, Feb. is our coldest month of the year. I'm hoping that after the January we had this year, that won't be the case.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:36 am

I'm a fairly large mammal, so I do pretty good with the cold. I would much rather sit and shiver than sit and sweat...

I've always claimed to have a lot of Irish (big guy, red hair, pale skin, etc...) but I was told fairly recently that those traits didn't show up in the Irish until after the Vikings came through raping and pillaging... so I guess maybe I've got a fair bit of Viking in me. Makes sense that I like to be out in the cold and such.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Deebz, I'm also Scots-Irish and not a very small person. When I was younger I could tolerate the cold much better, but I still didn't like it. Now that I'm on blood thinners along with an entire pharmacy of daily medications, I hate the cold more than dislike it! I was always the guy who slept on top of the covers with a fan running on my side of the bed, while the women in my life slept under a stack of cover with a space heater blasting away on their side of the bed. Now days, I'm under the covers and no more fan, and since my last wife died, no more woman, either!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Previous

Return to Off Topic