Gorilla treestand replacement cables

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
danh228

Gorilla treestand replacement cables

Postby danh228 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:06 pm

Looking for some help. I have 5 baby Gorilla treestands and need to replace the cables and was told that Gorilla is no longer making treestands nor any parts for them anymore. I have to say that I was surprised to hear that they would leave there customers all high and dry like that. Can anyone recommend a website or company that can make these cables? I've also heard of guys using chains to replace the cables, has anyone done this with success? If so what kind of chain are you using and how big? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't afford to buy all new stands and I don't want to continue to risk my saftey. I've fallen before and don't need to have that happen again!! Thanks for your help!!

kellory

Re: Gorilla treestand replacement cables

Postby kellory » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:01 am

And just where are you?
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

danh228

Postby danh228 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:17 am

Kellory, I live in Michigan, about 20 miles N of Detroit

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:48 am

Well, then you are not local to me. (Ohio) If you were local, I'd say just bring me the cables you want replaced, and I'd cut and fit new ones at cost. I work with several sizes of cables, and have the tools to cut and crimp them. This is a small part of what I do for a living, but I can't help.you in Michigan.
I am not in the business of supplying cables, but I would help out a fellow hunter from this site.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

danh228

Postby danh228 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:15 am

Kellory, very generous of you if I was local

cable guy

Postby cable guy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Hey just bought some misc. gorilla tree stand replacement parts from an auction house in Michigan that was liquidating all of Gorillas remaining merchandise. One of the pallets had a few different kinds of replacement cables. I will be posting the cables on ebay soon but I live in Richmond, MI so it is possible we could meet up. The only problem is right now I don't know what cables go with what tree stand. I hope to sort that out soon....

Return to General Discussions