Signs of Spring

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
rthomas4

Re: Signs of Spring

Postby rthomas4 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:29 am

Sierra, I've never seen a possum, play possum! Every one I've ever encountered either ran away or turned and hissed, I remember fox hunting as a kid and coming across a dead cow when all of a sudden there was movement inside the carcass. To my great surprise, several very large possums came running out of the rear end of that dead cow, whereupon I began popping them with a .22 rifle as quickly as I could aim and shoot! To this day, the thought of eating possum makes me remember the sight of those critters exiting that dead cow.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

msbadger

Re: Signs of Spring

Postby msbadger » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:44 pm

So everyone went in for their shots(boosters) that raccoon ended up running 300.00...though, yes they all get their shots any ways, they still had a year left on the ones they got in Oct 2012..Oh well ...our boys have lost a lot of weight...but the vet likes the weight they are at right now...
I mention this because they, even though out door dogs, have an insulated 12x8ft dog house that is packed knee high in straw...and their out door 28x20 ft run is completely lined with heavy tarps to block winter winds and blowing snow...warm water and food at night and in the morning with daily snacks....George went from 134 to 119 and Dennis went down to 91 #'s...the Vets are not concerned at all but I put this to you...imagine the tole a winter like this takes on wild life :(
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Previous

Return to Off Topic