TV Please check it out!!

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Woods Walker

TV Please check it out!!

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:29 pm

"A Note About Advertising (Spam) on This Forum
by Ben Sobieck » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:09 am

The deeranddeerhunting.com forum is not the place to advertise, market or promote your business or service. These types of posts, known as spam, are not permitted and will be deleted by the Deer & Deer Hunting administrators.

Those interested in advertising with D&DH should contact me at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

As this is a large forum, I need help from forum members to police for spam. Don't hesitate to contact me at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com to report violations of this forum's spam policy.

Thanks and enjoy the forum."
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Deebz

Re: Cervicide Deer Slayer TV Please check it out!!

Postby Deebz » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:12 pm

If you wanted to post links to articles/vids/etc... or even begin discussion of techniques to use while filming hunts, that would be cool. It would be especially cool if you posted some videos of hunts that you had filmed yourself to show those guys who want to start filming hunts what it's all about.

We've had some issues with spammers screwing up the site in the past. People get a little defensive when it appears that someone might be trying to do some more spamming...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Yea, and my name is now listed as the author. As uncle Si would say, "Hey?".

I think Rocky Landsverk is cleaning up the spam these days.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:58 am

I was under the impression that when we mark a post as spam, it automatically gets deleted. I know I marked some a few days ago, and didn't post any type of reply to them, they just went away immediately.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Rocky Landsverk

Re: TV Please check it out!!

Postby Rocky Landsverk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:02 am

yes, I'm the spam guy now.

I can't tell if there's a question on this thread, but yes, email (rocky.landsverk@fwmedia.com) or PM me if there's spam.

I'll pull all the moderators together sometime in the next month and we'll talk about how to moderate spammers as a group.
Rocky Landsverk
Online Product Manager
DeerandDeerHunting.com

rthomas4

Re: TV Please check it out!!

Postby rthomas4 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:52 am

Rocky, when we hit the alert button and identify a post as spam, doesn't that automatically alert a moderator to the problem and don't you guys go ahead and delete it? If not, then why is the alert button there, and what happens when we complete and submit after using it? As I noted, most of the posts where I've hit the alert button and described them as spam, have been deleted; so is that because the alert button was used, or because another individual sent you an e-mail about the spam post?
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to Off Topic