The Difference Between Your Dream and the Reality

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Deebz

Re: The Difference Between Your Dream and the Reality

Postby Deebz » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:06 am

wow...worked HARD for that one...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:15 am

I dream of one day when I can log into this site and not see spam.

Then there's the reality..........
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm

[quote="karven"

Kevin has not seen a real one and once he sees a real one he is frightened. We are always dreaming of some ideal conditions of our lives. Once the perfect condition is broken up by the reality, we are dispirited and disappointed. That might be the difference between your dream and the reality.[/quote]

Kaven, you had better get used to "reality", not that "dreaming of some ideal condition" state that you seem to be striving for. If you are "dispirited and disappointed" by reality, you are in for a long and disappointed haul. I'm just fine with reality...that's my life.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:31 pm

This is an example of some of those "Disney created" and "human attribute" problems brought up previously. It's one thing for a 2 or 3 year old kid to cuddle and be "buddies" with a stuffed toy animal; but I think it's pretty poor parenting for a 7 year old not to have been exposed to the harsh realities of life in the animal kingdom.

It's even worse for someone to use children as an exploitation tool to sell their products through spamming a hunting site!!!!!!!!!!!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:00 am

rthomas4 wrote:This is an example of some of those "Disney created" and "human attribute" problems brought up previously. It's one thing for a 2 or 3 year old kid to cuddle and be "buddies" with a stuffed toy animal; but I think it's pretty poor parenting for a 7 year old not to have been exposed to the harsh realities of life in the animal kingdom.

It's even worse for someone to use children as an exploitation tool to sell their products through spamming a hunting site!!!!!!!!!!!

What!?!?! Children exploited in the market place!>?!?!?
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Disney was an anti hunter.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Disney was an anti hunter.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:16 pm

"What!?!?! Children exploited in the market place!>?!?!?" Or even worse for political reasons!
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:51 pm

Say all you want about Walt Disney, but you'd better not badmouth Bugs Bunny. He was a formidable game animal. No #6's ever touched him.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

kellory

Postby kellory » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:34 pm

That may indeed be true, but Disney portrayed hunters as law breaking poachers (fox and the hound) incredibly bad shots (Bambie)trespassers (fox and hound) every time a hunter or trapper appears in a Disney film, he is a incompetent, waste ammo, poor shot, law breaking fool. He's lucky he doesn't shoot himself. (More than once). I think even beauty and the beast had a suited for Belle, who was big, brawny, pomp as ass who was a hunter.(thought the world revolved round himself,
Show me ANY Disney film where hunters are portrayed in a favorable light.
Disney was clearly anti-hunting.

Next

Return to Off Topic