hunting partner

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
crossbow

hunting partner

Postby crossbow » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:24 pm

hey everybody.i moved to powhatan Virginia about 4 years ago.ive never been hunting.the people I know here don't do any kind of hunting at all.ive been doing web searches,trying to find where I can contact first time hunters or hunters that wouldn't mind going hunting with a first time hunter.i couldn't find anything.i know there are guided hunts,but that's way to expensive for me.anybody have any info.on where to look for a hunting partner.i could always go by myself,but id rather go with another person just in case any problems arise.

MZS

Re: hunting partner

Postby MZS » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:36 am

First thing to get would be a cell phone, preferably with a GPS app or a separate GPS unit - this would allow help to your exact location should you need it. For me that would do no good - hardly any good cells in my area unless I climb to the top of a white pine tree. But there is this device for non-cell areas: http://www.gizmag.com/briartek-cerberus ... con/21837/

I generally only hunt away from home with my bow. Gun hunting is done near home on my own land. I hunt alone, unless my son is along.

rthomas4

Re: hunting partner

Postby rthomas4 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:06 am

Most states have one or two state forums that are usually free to join. I don't know anything about Virginia, but I do know that NC, SC, Ga, and Fl. all have them, so I'd be surprise if Va. doesn't. Also, you might find someone by going down to the state section here and posting something. Also, if there's a local gun store or archery store near you, you could probably put up a notice with your contact info on a bulletin board where other local hunters might see it. I'd suggest you put up a notice and then at the bottom have your contact info all written vertically, then cut the paper so people could tear off a strip with the info and leave the notice posted.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Return to General Discussions