A sad Story:

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
loneranger

Re: A sad Story:

Postby loneranger » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:06 pm

WOW, glad I don't have a place where you are! I know could be worse. My dad worked in a city factory most of his life. Finally saved enough to build a modest house on a gravel road in farm country. Now that road and area can not be recognized. Major Condos,Malls,and factories. Every trace of country is gone. Crazy thing to me is how many people love,,the Suburbs. Homes stacked together like a wood pile, Cement and stores, constant traffic all around. Guess I am infected with the open spaces gene. Only way out, unless you win a Lottery, and buy a lot of acreage, is to find a small town, near a large chunk of Nat forest Land, or Wilderness area. At least when you want to get away, you can. Let the Gov own it and you enjoy it! Don't think the Deere shop will be that secret. Think deer will enjoy their planted premium Clover.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Don't get me wrong ...we have a great place.. we have to get binoculars to see our neighbors...and own on both sides of the road ...but whether on the ground or overhead...progress has a way of finding you...We fought very hard a few years ago to keep the wind generators out of our area....the ppl that were for them or their neighbors getting them...found out the hard way a few towns over...the land owners sold and left...but there sit the neighbors with the noise and vibrations...the constant service truck traffic and the bird and bat kills... All on the premise it was the best for the environment...yes a few ppls wallets environments...the town...not getting moneys owed ...why...well of course they went up and company sold them........progress
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

loneranger

Postby loneranger » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:34 am

Wow, that is crazy! I feel for you. Only plan of escape I can see for me, when and if more "Progress", moves in is to move to a small town near a large piece of Nat. Forest or Wilderness Area. At least when you need to get away from it ALL, you can. Let Gov keep it wild, for me nearby.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:07 pm

I also live in a major flyway between Savannah and Charleston, and the county airport is across a dirt road behind my place. This past season I had an Army Blackhawk helicopter, completely armed with rockets and Gatling gun situate itself within 50 yards of me while I was in one of my stands. I could see the pilot and gunner as they lined the gun up on me. I didn't know whether to shoot in self defense or not.I thought Obama had finally declared martial law and was coming for my gun!!!!!!!! They never waved, or acted friendly, just hovered for almost five minutes before finally circling my food plot and then taking off at treetop level.....scaring all of the deer completely out of the area for the rest of the afternoon.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

loneranger

Postby loneranger » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:53 pm

That is just CRAZY,,and sad.

JMretvet

Postby JMretvet » Thu May 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Sorry to hear that. A friend of mine spent years working day in and day out on his land. One day the government decided they wanted it. Horrible.

Previous

Return to General Discussions