Feral Hogs in IL

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
MZS

Re: Feral Hogs in IL

Postby MZS » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:18 am

In our neck of the woods, if there were no restrictions, these hogs would be gone very soon. The economy is tough, the winters are cold, fuel is expensive, and people just are scraping by to eat. They would shoot them any way they could. We have none that I can confirm for sure, but last fall I swear I saw one breeze by me while in a bow blind. My reaction was "That's a hog" but I did not get a good look. Anybody hear of hogs in Central WI? If they have them, then they eventually make their way up north.

rthomas4

Postby rthomas4 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:33 am

Yep, it's the same in SC for hogs, 'yotes, 'dillos, and beaver.
NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, The Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, QDMA, DU, NWTF, ASAdisabled sportsmens' alliance, EDH, and Proud SC redneck REBEL for life.

Topdogg

Postby Topdogg » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:36 pm

I guess i shouldn't say that i WISH one would come past my stand...i know they are destructive..but would love the chance to hunt wild hogs!

MZS

Postby MZS » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:36 am

I guess what I saw last fall probably was a hog. I was hunting near one of the dark red areas of NW. WI. See http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/f ... pigmap.pdf

Previous

Return to General Discussions