News Flash re. Carbon Clothing!!!

RNC

RE: News Flash re. Carbon Clothing!!!

Postby RNC » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:50 am

Yes the same dog was used in the entire exercise. Yes the dog found the "suspect" with the carbon suit and without the suit in about the same amount of time. I dont believe the dog was a specififc drug dog it appeared to work both the ground track and the air.

Don't get me wrong on this I am not telling anyone not to use the product. After all we all know that if you trust a certian item it gives you more confidence you will be better prepaired mentally. Its just that for myself the cost of the suits doe not appear to be worth it.
Of course this is hard. It's supposed to be hard, thats what makes it great. If it was easy everyone would do it!

rayf

Postby rayf » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:55 pm

here is a test done by a guy with a bloodhound and scent-loc clothing

some say the dog could be just tracking the suit smell and not the human smell, but the dogs trigger is the guys shirt, so i dont know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXp3kv8fs_0

JPH

Postby JPH » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:27 pm

ORIGINAL: RNC

Yes the same dog was used in the entire exercise. Yes the dog found the "suspect" with the carbon suit and without the suit in about the same amount of time. I dont believe the dog was a specififc drug dog it appeared to work both the ground track and the air.

Don't get me wrong on this I am not telling anyone not to use the product. After all we all know that if you trust a certian item it gives you more confidence you will be better prepaired mentally. Its just that for myself the cost of the suits doe not appear to be worth it.

No I didn't think you were trying to discredit Sent-Lok. I was just wondered about the specifics of their test. Bottom line is that my money is already spent. like you said, whether it is real or not, I feel confidant in the stuff. Plus i need to justify the expense. [;)]

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:35 am

i do know this. I have killed and seen numerous deer that came from and stood downwind, some throwing they're nose up as if trying to detect something.perhaps they got a hint of human odor but not enough to bolt.
many were completely oblivious.
  these first hand experiences are enough to convince me of the effectiveness of carbon clothing. however, they are only a piece of an extreme scent control regiment. and i feel that they are not going to work if not treated and used properly.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:50 am

ORIGINAL: howhill1

i do know this. I have killed and seen numerous deer that came from and stood downwind, some throwing they're nose up as if trying to detect something.perhaps they got a hint of human odor but not enough to bolt.
many were completely oblivious.
these first hand experiences are enough to convince me of the effectiveness of carbon clothing. however, they are only a piece of an extreme scent control regiment. and i feel that they are not going to work if not treated and used properly.

Ditto.

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:12 am

ORIGINAL: RNC

They put someone in full carbon hunting clothes then had the person hide in the various boxes and what not on the training course.  The K9 officer had little trouble smelling out the "bad guy" in the carbon clothes.

Lucky thing we don't hunt out of boxes (LOL). I believe that. I am sure a deer can smell anything at a few feet away on the ground regardless of the clothing. A more accurate test would be to put the guy in a tree and see if the dog gets the same results.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

wack

Postby wack » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:37 pm

I have a Scent Blocker brand suit, have had it a couple years. I wash them often, and the only deer I shot this year was the 1 time they were in the wash and I used my old non carbon suit. Go figure. I also wear scent destroying base layers. As long as my carbon suit keeps me warm and dry, I'll keep wearing them, but "Forgetting the wind" isn't going to happen.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Reading this thread when it was first started I figured Id give scentblocker a chance to answer so I emailed them stating that I do own their product and was happy with them but was wondering if the carbon had to be heated to an impossible degree in order for it to re-activate?
No Reply and its been a couple of weeks now. Was going to ask the same question to scent loc but couldn't find a way to email them.
Just thought Id let you know.
I do have the scentblocker dream season suite and love it! My opinion is that it doesn't make you invisible odor wise but it does help reduce the odor. Ill take that anytime.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Previous

Return to Clothing