Field Notes Alabama

69Viking

RE: Field Notes Alabama

Postby 69Viking » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:00 am

Good looking does Bulls eye!  I can't get back in the woods until Nov. 7th, hopefully I'll have something good to report after that weekend!

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:29 am

Bump

No Alabama Field Notes since 10/24/07????  Come on now, I know there are plenty of Alabama hunters our there, where are your stories and pics?  I can't wait to finally get out there again this weekend.

Bulls eye

Postby Bulls eye » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:15 am

Been tough the last week, weather warmed up, acorns eveywhere, and moon up high and bright at night= not much daytime activity. I am hoping this little cool front we got coming through will jump start them a little bit. Hope you do well this week end,  let us know how it goes.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:44 am

Did make it out hunting this past weekend.  Mid week was hit with some kind of virus that put me in the hospital with Vertigo, never want to experience that again.

With that said I'm working today so I can take Friday off and head up to the camp with some friends and my son.  I surprised my son with an early Christmas present, an H&R 25-06 single shot and told him he'd be going on his first deer hunt this weekend as part of the Alabama 2008 Youth Hunt going on this weekend.  Hopefully we'll have some good pics come Monday!  Good luck everyone!

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:04 am

Ok, the hunt with my son went well but unfortunately we didn't see any deer.  Despite that he had a great time and will be a hunter for life I think.

I didn't get a chance to hunt this past weekend for the Alabama Gun Season Opener.  How did everyone else do and again where are all the Alabama hunters???

jacannon63

Postby jacannon63 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:14 am

Viking 69 We have had a good season so far 4-8 points 1- 6 point 12 does and 1 hog. One of the 8 points was a bow kill. Good hunting...

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:17 am

Ok, you must be hunting a better part of Conecuh county than I am or you get to spend a lot more time in the woods!  I'll be heading up to the northern part of the county tomorrow and staying through Sunday so with any luck I'll have something good to report come Monday.  I don't know how close you are to us, our camp is off of hwy 106 down the road from a bar called ChooMolly's that is located just off I-65 at I believe exit 114.  It's my birthday tomorrow so I guess I'll have to stop in ChooMolly's for a good luck toast after the afternoon hunt! 

jacannon63

Postby jacannon63 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:24 am

69 Viking. Our club is about 6 miles North of Evergreen on county road 4. Happy Birthday I hope you shoot a good one. I am going to hunt Saturday and then stay home till after Christmas. I always save my days till the rut starts in January. Good luck

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:22 am

Ok, got my doe this weekend!  Actually shot her at 7 am Friday morning, the day after my birthday but I'm still considering her a birthday present!  She was the largest of 5 does that walked out into a food plot of rye grass and rape.  I'm like you jacannon63, I'll probaby saving the rest of days for the rut in January too! 

Field notes I observed this weekend through on stand sightings and camera pics shows no signs of the rut yet in the northern part of Conecuh county.  All the does seen or photographed were in groups or with their fawns.  Photos of bucks were all at night with one shown leaving the property at 4:44 am to go back to his pine bedding area on the ajacent property.  If all goes well he'll be mine come the January rut!  So far no scrapes or rubs on known trails.  Several bucks have been photgraphed so we know they are there for the food plots at night.  Can't wait to see them chasing does next month! 

dermastart

Postby dermastart » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:57 am

In Alabama, I was written a ticket ($405.00) for hunting over bait.  The bait as I was explained was a mineral block, which was next to a salt block. My question is a mineral block not legal and how am I supposed to know.  Should I try and fight this ticket in court?
Confused Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Alabama