deer surveys

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
arkansas bob

deer surveys

Postby arkansas bob » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:10 pm

Can anybody tell me how wildlife managers (inculding state agencies) conduct deer surveys? I am sure there are more than method that can be used. I would like to know all the ways they could do a survey.
"Freedom of speech is ultra important so stupid people will make their stupid statements so we know how stupid they are." -Ted Nugent

ranwin33

RE: deer surveys

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:55 am

You might try doing an Internet search for "deer surveys".
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

arkansas bob

Postby arkansas bob » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:12 pm

OK Thanks I found what I was looking for.
"Freedom of speech is ultra important so stupid people will make their stupid statements so we know how stupid they are." -Ted Nugent

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:16 am

What did you find out.  All I could see were aerial surveys with FLIR.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

arkansas bob

Postby arkansas bob » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 am

I was able to find this at this address http://www.noble.org/Ag/Wildlife/deerfoods/PopulationMngt2.html hopes this helps

Jason Snavely

Postby Jason Snavely » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:56 am

Good Day!  my first time on...trail cam surveys are one of our top services offered so I thought I would throw that one at you.  Surveys done by state agencies and those conducted on a smaller scale are worlds apart.  Trail camera surveys are the most cost effective population survey method for landowners/hunting clubs.  We've been offereing them as a service to clients now for 8 years.
Jason R. Snavely
Consulting Wildlife Biologist
Drop-Tine Wildlife Consulting
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
www.droptinewildlife.com

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management