Primos Bow Sling

Goose

Primos Bow Sling

Postby Goose » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Bought this when we went out west but have been using it deer hunting this year and really like it. It does squeak once in a while but nothing I cant deal with. Worth the money in my opinion.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DeanoZ

RE: Primos Bow Sling

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:40 am

Was wondering about these...thought about using one and slinging my bow while I climb my stand as opposed to hauling it up with a rope...your thoughts?

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:12 am

I actually have been looking into this as well.

Does it do well in brushy woodlots or is more for long treks in open terrain?

I am also wondering if I can use since I often have a climber strapped to my back.

Thanks Goose in advance for any feedback.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:41 pm

Yeah it would work good for the both of you. Thats what I do when I climb a tree now just use the sling. For thick brush I think it would work good, you can still hold onto your bow to keep it from swinging or if its not to thick you can just leave it at your side. I like it for the protection it provides as well for the string and cams. I like it and would recommend it. Tonight for example I had a backpack on, a decoy in one hand and my bow on my other side and still had a free hand.Hope it works for ya! 
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:54 am

Sound good I like to kee my hands free as possible. I will be getting one.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 am

I bought one yesterday and I love it. Not sure if I would use it walking into the woods, expecially for an afternoon hunt (I walk up on deer alot). I mainly bought it because I was dragging a deer, stand strapped to my back, backpack in one hand and deer in the other......what do I hold my bow with? I had to hang it on my backpack and it was a pain in the the !#$%^&*. It also protects the cams and strings while transporting and hanging in my garage.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

beagleman23

Postby beagleman23 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:51 pm

My son and I each have one.  I agree, it's worth the price(reasonable anyhow) and I like it because it protects your bow string especially walking to stand in the dark.

Return to Misc. Accessories