Other Regulation Changes

ranwin33

Other Regulation Changes

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:48 am

REGULATIONS:[/b]
The Commission accepted the report of the Regulations Committee and approved recommendations for changes to make Missouri's system of hunting, fishing and trapping permits simpler and more consistent. Details of the changes will be published at www.mdc.mo.gov/news/out. Changes include:
[ul][*]Increasing the minimum contiguous acreage to qualify for landowner deer and turkey hunting permits from 5 to 80 acres, effective [/b]July 1, 2009[/b].
[/align][*]Creating a Landowner Registry for those who qualify for no-cost deer and turkey permits.
[/align][*]Retaining the 5-acre threshold for resident no-cost, no-permit fishing, small-game hunting and trapping privileges.
[/align][*]Excluding lessees from the definition of a landowner for the purposes of landowner hunting and fishing privileges and permits, effective [/b]July 1, 2009[/b].
[/align][*]Eliminating discount permit pricing for nonresident landowners for deer and turkey permits.
[/align][*]Eliminating youth deer and turkey hunting permits and setting a resident and nonresident youth discount of 50 percent for resident deer and turkey hunting permits for hunters age 15 and under, effective [/b]July 1, 2009[/b].
[/align][*]Add trapping to the list of activities not requiring a permit for Missouri residents 15 and younger, effective [/b]March 1, 2009[/b], and retain current resident youth privileges (no permit required) for fishing, small game and waterfowl hunting.
[/align][*]Allowing nonresident students living in Missouri and attending any public or private Missouri college, technical school or university to purchase hunting and fishing permits at resident prices, effective [/b]March 1, 2009[/b].
[/align][*]Creating new resident senior "forever" permits required for people born on or after March 1, 1944, effective [/b]March 1, 2009[/b]. Missouri residents born before March 1, 1944, are exempt and can continue to hunt and fish without a permit, just as they do now. Resident hunters and anglers age 60 or older may purchase "forever" permits at a discount compared to annual permit costs. Privileges under these permits will be for the life of the purchaser.
[/align][*]Continuing to offer the current "lifetime" permits, but eliminating the discount for persons age 60 and older, effective [/b]March 1, 2009[/b].
[/align][*]Establishing discounted youth pricing of 50 percent off the regular cost of the annual trout permit, effective [/b]March 1, 2009[/b].
[/align][*]Establishing a minimum age of 6 for obtaining landowner deer and turkey hunting permits.
[/align][*]Adopting consistent requirements of 18 years of age and hunter education certification (unless born before Jan. 1, 1967) for all hunting mentors, regardless of season, effective [/b]July 1, 2009[/b].
 [/align][/ul]
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

saoirseglen

RE: Other Regulation Changes

Postby saoirseglen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:25 am

MDC has a new phrase to welcome in 2009: "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"

As far as I am concerned, I hope they choke on their regulations. They are making Missouri more like Kansas now and I guess that means less local residents hunting and more out of state guided hunts who are willing to spend more money to hunt.

ranwin33

RE: Other Regulation Changes

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:16 am

Money drives most things, and I suppose the MDC is effected as well.  I will say this, I've been impressed with the MDC whenever I've had any interaction with them.  I think they do a pretty good job for the most part.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Return to Missouri