Muzzleloader season begins

ranwin33

Muzzleloader season begins

Postby ranwin33 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:22 pm

Got up to our farm this afternoon. Headed out for a hunt around 2:30 p.m.

Things are beautiful, still a lot of snow on the ground. Temps right at 30 degrees - no wind. Since we hadn't really hunted the place since the first week of gun season my hopes were sky high.

Unfortunately the deer weren't cooperating. Didn't see a thing, and I was even on our "go to" plot. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow - probably afternoon as this nice warm barn may cause me to sleep in.

Got my bow and muzzleloader as I've already filled my firearms any deer tag. If something big walks by I'll use my bow, otherwise I'm hoping to do a little doe management with the muzzle loader. I'm going to have to get me one of those bow slings as carrying both is a pain.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

ranwin33

RE: Muzzleloader season begins

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:40 pm

Got out this morning afterall - temps were upper 20's, no wind. Saw nothing. Hunted the alfalfa plot.

Headed out again around 1 p.m. - nothing but squirrels and snow. Sounds like some of the neighbors are doing okay, but I haven't seen a deer move in three hunts.

I may give it one more shot tomorrow before the freezing rain moves in - or I may just call it a season and head home. I'll decide when I get up in the morning.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Return to Missouri