My Season is Over Smoke a Nice 8

oneshot 1

My Season is Over Smoke a Nice 8

Postby oneshot 1 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Had to fill my Pickup with gas Wednesday,its half way to the Lake so I decided to go hunting on Corps of Engineer Land,which I never had really hunted.

Get over there,went across a Bean field.Thought to myself this sure would be a good place for a Deer to come out and the wind is right.

Was setting there,heard Turkeys,next thing I know I had more Turkeys around me than I had seen in a long time.They stayed there all evening,then went on down to go to roost.I'm setting there listening to them and talking to a Squirrel.

Look across about 100 yards see a nice Buck.Not sure if this is Antler restricted area or not.He turns his head sideways,yelp he is Big enough.Was hoping he would get closer,called to him,no dice.Had a Doe with him.

Sat there watching him,its getting darker.Ok he is not coming any closer,open Sights,Bullets I have never used before.Do I trust my shooting?Line up with the Leg,aim just a little over half way up,squeeze the Trigger,can't see,then two White Tails going throught the Brush.Did I miss?See him piled up in a ditch.

Field Dressed him.Call my wife told her to meet me at the Pickup.By the time I get up there she is there.We get the Cart and got him out.

He wasn't very Big in Body and was scared up Big time,so he was an Old Scraper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/oneshot/000_1960bbd.jpg

oneshot

ranwin33

RE: My Season is Over Smoke a Nice 8

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:04 am

Nice deer.

What part of the state you in?
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

oneshot 1

Postby oneshot 1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:13 am

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

Nice deer.

What part of the state you in?

I'm by Bennett Spring.

oneshot

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Nice deer.
I get to Bennet Springs every summer for some camping/canoeing.
Did the extra long float a couple of times and saw some nice deer.

Return to Missouri