Hadn't been here in a while....

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
longcarbine

Hadn't been here in a while....

Postby longcarbine » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:39 am

It has been a while since I have been on this forum.  So long that I had to re-register.  Anyhow what do yall think these past issues are worth?  Had em for 23 years.  It's amazing how the focus has changed in 23 years.  Back then it was more about the hunt and what the woods have to offer.  Today it's seems more about the dollar and how to grow the antler.  Can too much technology be a bad thing?  Just a thought??[8|]

ranwin33

RE: Hadn't been here in a while....

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:23 am

Not sure what they're worth.  Some guy was giving away some dating back to 1983 or something like that this past June. 

As for technology being a bad thing - probably not.  Technology will only get you so far, you still have to outsmart one of the craftiest creatures in North America.  No one is making anyone use it - hunt how you like, use what you like, provided it's legal and you can live with what your doing.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:01 pm

I never kept any magazines . I would either pass them along for someone else to read or put them in the recycle box .
Semper Fi !

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Thats cool to see them, from the cover titles it doesnt look like its changed to much. 
They have to change with the times right?
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

longcarbine

Postby longcarbine » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Well Fasteddie I like to keep my hands on em...alot of history and info. They are valuable to me.  Keep your recycle box.

The issues have changed with the times.  Wonder what they will be like 20 years from now?

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:21 pm

I sent about 10 years worth of various hunting magazines to Iraq. Got some great pictures of guys reading them in Humvees, Abrahms, and Strikers. [:)]

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:53 am

ORIGINAL: longcarbine
Well Fasteddie I like to keep my hands on em...alot of history and info. They are valuable to me.  Keep your recycle box.The issues have changed with the times.  Wonder what they will be like 20 years from now?

I am not knocking the fact that you keep the magazines . They might become collector's items . I know folks that that made a lot of money collecting / saving Comic Books . That's all fine .
Personally , I don't . I am a pack rat to begin with but just not with magazines ............I recycle them to one of my sons and also to the rod $ Gun Club .
Semper Fi !

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:29 pm

ORIGINAL: HoneyHole

I sent about 10 years worth of various hunting magazines to Iraq. Got some great pictures of guys reading them in Humvees, Abrahms, and Strikers. [:)]

Thats worth a big ATTA BOY!
I sent some too, but not 10 years worth. Also sent several boxes of small toys, balls, and frisbees for the guys to give to the kids over there.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:19 pm

i got tons of em going back several years anybody want to buy em?the shipping would probably kill ya though
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:25 pm

ORIGINAL: Robert Rowland

ORIGINAL: HoneyHole

Thats worth a big ATTA BOY!
I sent some too, but not 10 years worth. Also sent several boxes of small toys, balls, and frisbees for the guys to give to the kids over there.

Awesome! They truly appreciate it. You're helping Robert!

Next

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features