Warnke needs to go

Centralwisconsinland

RE: Warnke needs to go

Postby Centralwisconsinland » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:53 pm

This is a great forum.  There is a lot of information and a lot imput by all hunters.  I read this in the forum, I am sorry for not giving credit to where credit is due, but someone made the statement
"Control the herd and control the hunter"  That is what I believe the DNR has acheived.  If you are in EAB and you bow hunt and rifle hunt you must harvest 2 does to qualify to harvest a buck during bow and rifle season.  The DNR might not have control of the herd, but they have control of the hunter. Make sure that your voice is heard contact your state rep.

4Blade

Postby 4Blade » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Hello guys....my first post.  I hunt in North Central Wisconsin where the herd now supposedly is moving towards goal( I honestly think we were at goal several years ago and now we are well below goal in most areas, especially north central and east)......If we have lower numbers to look forward to we now have a herd which is much smaller and overall quality(buck size) is the usual yawner.......especially when compared with other states......I am personally ready to hunt in other states........Anyway, I believe that with enough support(a big question) we are ready for STATEWIDE QDM......The DNR probably will not want it, it will totally screw up their SAK, but who cares.......think about where the truly great hunting is in this state.....It is in areas where landowners have taken matters into their own hands and have gotten used to PASSING up small bucks, the QDM way.......The first couple of years would be tough as shooter bucks would be uncommon, but after that second or third year.....LOOK OUT!   Guys will not need to go to Kansas or Iowa anymore.......this state is totally capable of producing the same quality and numbers of big deer that exist in those states.......We could still have youth hunts where kids could shoot small bucks if they want to try to keep everyone happy...........
Deer hunting is so much better in other states(Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North and South Dakota)........Why?.......I know the hunting pressure is less overall in those states, but the overall thought process on what they shoot is totally different too!  We can do it!!

Gafrage

Postby Gafrage » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:03 pm

ORIGINAL: 4Blade

Hello guys....my first post.  I hunt in North Central Wisconsin where the herd now supposedly is moving towards goal( I honestly think we were at goal several years ago and now we are well below goal in most areas, especially north central and east)......If we have lower numbers to look forward to we now have a herd which is much smaller and overall quality(buck size) is the usual yawner.......especially when compared with other states......I am personally ready to hunt in other states........Anyway, I believe that with enough support(a big question) we are ready for STATEWIDE QDM......The DNR probably will not want it, it will totally screw up their SAK, but who cares.......think about where the truly great hunting is in this state.....It is in areas where landowners have taken matters into their own hands and have gotten used to PASSING up small bucks, the QDM way.......The first couple of years would be tough as shooter bucks would be uncommon, but after that second or third year.....LOOK OUT!   Guys will not need to go to Kansas or Iowa anymore.......this state is totally capable of producing the same quality and numbers of big deer that exist in those states.......We could still have youth hunts where kids could shoot small bucks if they want to try to keep everyone happy...........
Deer hunting is so much better in other states(Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North and South Dakota)........Why?.......I know the hunting pressure is less overall in those states, but the overall thought process on what they shoot is totally different too!  We can do it!!

Good idea, BUT, if most people only get to see a few deer a year, they are going to take that shot...it's hard to convince people unless you have solid proof in pictures.  I'm totally with you, I'd do it...but most won't.

Fish

Postby Fish » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:45 am

Goose, I can only imagine you "illegal activities" post was directed at my last post.  If so, party hunting w/gun, even in EAB, is legal and was also pointed out in the DNR "Deer hunting" TV special.  Once a deer is tagged, it can be legally given to whom I choose.  So I'm not sure what I had explained was illegal, it definately was not unethical considering I'm helping an individual reduce a heavily populated area.

Regardless, I apologize for the statement and will stick to the point of each thread.

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:01 am

Yes I apologize as well, my mind is always on bowhunting(in which party hunting is illegal). You are right with the gun hunting part, sorry for snapping Image I was wrong. 
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

tageater

Postby tageater » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:55 pm

The fact remains if we shoot does our kids will not see any deer' will not hunt, and I don't blame them. I don't care if I need a "sticker". The DNR can shove the sticker. I will not shoot a doe even if it is shoot a doe to save your life. SDLF. I would rather quit in hopes my grandchildren don't have to see deer in a zoo.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:39 am

ORIGINAL: tageater

The fact remains if we shoot does our kids will not see any deer' will not hunt, and I don't blame them. I don't care if I need a "sticker". The DNR can shove the sticker. I will not shoot a doe even if it is shoot a doe to save your life. SDLF. I would rather quit in hopes my grandchildren don't have to see deer in a zoo.

Couldn't agree with you more...Something needs to done, and maybe us as hunters need to take matters into our own hands and not shoot does and not fill up every tag that we get, no matter what the DNR decides to do for next year with the EAB and T-Zone.

Previous

Return to Wisconsin