Hadn't been here in a while....

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
hunter480

RE: Hadn't been here in a while....

Postby hunter480 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:05 am

I believe you`re exactly correct in regards to the change in focus of deer hunting today. And it isn`t healthy for the average guy who can`t afford to buy his own woods.

In another vein, I think it`s awesome that some of you had the foresight to send magazines to the troops, what an outstanding idea. Wish I`d thought of it. Way to go guys!!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:04 am

I pass mine along to my pals when done reading them.  They seem to really enjoy it.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:21 am

ORIGINAL: hunter480

I believe you`re exactly correct in regards to the change in focus of deer hunting today. And it isn`t healthy for the average guy who can`t afford to buy his own woods.

In another vein, I think it`s awesome that some of you had the foresight to send magazines to the troops, what an outstanding idea. Wish I`d thought of it. Way to go guys!!
I agree that deer hunting in general has changed for the worst, but I also have to disagree about the mag changing. The mag I get in the mail now days, is still reminding me of the same magazines I read 20 years ago, in fact, that is a major reason why I like D&D hunting mag.  I think a few articles on food plots, isn't degrading the publication one bit, rather it's just keeping up with a few new trends.  Learning new things about deer is what D&D hunting has always been about, I'm happy to learn about deer research for minerals and food plots, even if it means growing big racks on deer! 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features