Broken Thumb

hansonca

Broken Thumb

Postby hansonca » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:45 am

Well I broke my thumb on monday(season opens saturday) right below the joint and now have a cast half way up my forearm. So I was just wonder if any one had any ideas for a homemade mitten that is just closed off where the thumb would go? thanks and good hunting.

wack

RE: Broken Thumb

Postby wack » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:36 pm

Man, what a bummer! Sorry to hear it. I smashed my trigger finger 1 week before my 1st bow season. Smashed both knuckles, the bone between, fingernail, and ripped open from fingertip to 3rd knuckle.  Told the Doc if he was going to put a cast on it, he'd have to mount my bow release into the cast. Gun is tougher, going to have to form the cast around the gun. Maybe one of the new thumb hole stocks? Either that or shoot a hand gun with the other hand.
Or, the route I chose was to skip the cast. This choice nearly cost me my finger but I'd do it again. I figured out how to draw and shoot with the next finger, but opening day I drew on 3 bucks running by, they didn't stop, I didn't shoot, never tried to let down a draw with huge bandage and straight finger, hit the trigger by accident, string ripped bandage off, half dozen stitches out, arrow stuck in tree 12 feet off the ground, 5 yards away. While trying to stop the bleeding, a doe walks up. Grabbed my bow, knocked another arrow, and shot my first deer. The stand I was in looked like a murder scene with my blood everywhere. I finished re bandaging and started field dressing my prize with my off hand, holding the other up in the air in hopes it would stop throbbing.  As soon as I had most of the dirty work done, my friends show up. They helped finish up, drag her out, drove me to the registration station and back to the ER. Bret Favre nothin'! Enough Vicodin you can do anything. lol
 Good luck.
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Winthrop02

American Bridal

Postby Winthrop02 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Some of you may remember Andy Adam's book on Ninjutsu highlighting Hatsumi. Several photos showed the intense conditioning of natural weapons including the 'boshiken" or thumb fist. One photo in particular impressed me. That showed a small flat stone being broken by a "thumb" jab.

american bridal
AmericanBridal.com
American Bridal Shower Favors

mnslayer

Re: Broken Thumb

Postby mnslayer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:58 pm

wool socks would work.

Return to Clothing