tree saddles

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
the turkey guy

RE: tree saddles

Postby the turkey guy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:21 pm

i

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:29 pm

You mean this?...........................

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 am

thanks but that's the small buck of the year if you can put the other two up and tell me how you did that, would be great thanks rob.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:02 am

I've posted the other pics below...to post pics save them to your local hard drive and then use the "Click here to upload" link below.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 am

here are a couple of tips one get a 20 foot dog leash and use that to get your bow up and down the tree. Two shoot a couple of times at home in the saddle. But after that, just use it you get better and better in it each time. i love the thing here are a couple of the bucks from this year.and there all saddle i use sqrew in steps 20 in total 16 up and 4 around

Thanks TG...16 steps up???  How high are you going?  I figured on 14 Steps 10 steps to get me to 20 ft and 4 around?  Also, do you use a bowhanger and if so do you screw the hanger in right in front and just above you...how about a day pack?  Does the strap ever get in the way of your shots?  How or what position do you spend most of the time in or find the most comfortable when waiting for a shot opportunity...when you get the shot opportunity what shooting position do you find yourself using most often?  What do you use to screw the steps in...hand , cordless drill, etc?  Sorry for all the Q's, I plan to practice a few times out of it, but I want to minimize the learning curve since the hunting season is almost over.

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:52 am

hay thanks for the help. as for your questions 16 gets me up 20 feet and the four around is for getting around the tree. As for shots i shot all the bucks this year from the saddle and they we all different angles and ways the hard shot was right behind me and i would have not got the drop tine buck in a normal stand. when he put his head down just use the balls of your feet to swing abit one way and your back on angle on the buck. as for the strap forget about it i have no problem with my hoyt or crossbow with the saddle strap and in fact the strap will help you rest your arm on long draws once you get the hang off it. as for how i sit a whole pile of ways it,s amazing one inch up or down and it's  like starting a new stand. if you want pm me i will give you my number as i can talk better then write thanks rob.

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:01 am

ps don't be scared to hunt them right in there beds and also small trees like 3 inch around i did and kill most of are bucks right in there beds. the saddle open things right up. things you would have done with a stand because you to worryed about bumping deer and the noise that goes with stands. 

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:11 am

Very cool TG, thanks for the additional info and the PM, got your number, I'll give you a call sometime this week...and weather permitting I'm going to try some practice runs.

HoneyHole

Postby HoneyHole » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:17 am

Sweet TG! How wide is he? 

the turkey guy

Postby the turkey guy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:07 am

honey hole 27

PreviousNext

Return to Tree Stands