Our "Manysodas" Deer Camp

Chainsaw

Our "Manysodas" Deer Camp

Postby Chainsaw » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:33 pm

We made out annual trek from Cheeseville to northern Manysodas to our hunting area near Orr in area 107. Pics include my 10 point where it landed in the field. I took the 10 point on Saturday morning with my H&R Topper in 30-30 with a handloaded 130 grain Barnes X bullet with one shot.
My buddy took a spike on Saturday afternoon, and a friend of ours that hunts near us took a big bodied 8 and we took a pic of all of our deer. I'm on the right and so is my deer.

DoeEyed

RE: Our "Manysodas" Deer Camp

Postby DoeEyed » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:18 pm

Those are some great bucks there. Congratulations! I like the Cheeseville and Manysodas reference [:D]
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chainsaw

Postby Chainsaw » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:03 pm

ORIGINAL: DoeEyed

Those are some great bucks there. Congratulations! I like the Cheeseville and Manysodas reference [:D]
DoeEyed the Cheeseville is self explanatory, but the Manysodas come from the fact that I only drink soft drinks, mainly Dt.Dew. On one of our trips my buddy the "other" old guy asked me how many sodas I was taking along for trip and being that I only drink caffeine free Dt. Dew,available here but not there, I answered Manysodas in Minnesota thus the reference.And that is the rest of the story.

bowman12

Postby bowman12 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:51 am

Congrats on the successful season! Nice looking deer.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Well done Chainsaw!  Thanks for sharing the pics.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:33 pm

ORIGINAL: Chainsaw

We made out annual trek from Cheeseville to northern Manysodas....

Reminds me of an envelope I saw once in a museum on the campus of Wheaton College, Wheaton Illinois. It was the Billy Graham Museum. Back in the old days, the announcer for Billy Graham would always say, "Billy Graham, Minneapolis, Minnesota -- That's all the address you need!"

Well, there in the museum was an envelope addressed:
Billy Graham
Many Happiness,
Many Soda.

Of course, it arrived.

Looks like a great time was had by all at the Many Sodas camp.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Chainsaw

Postby Chainsaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:59 am

Thanks everyone that replied. With the use of a pop-up blind and a comfortable swivel chair placed on a piece of plywood, along with a small propane heater if necessary, a couple of old guys can still put in a full day in the northwoods and still bag a buck..............Chainsaw

Return to Minnesota