Anlerless weekend

Robert Rowland

Anlerless weekend

Postby Robert Rowland » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 pm

WAAAAY too much wind!
I sat in a tree stand on Saturday in hopes of taking a doe with my revolver. I took my rifle in case the cyotes came around again. I saw only a couple of squirells and a bald eagle.
Today I went out in the morning and hunted some hill ground in a pop-up blind with just the rifle. I thought the deer would hold tight but maybe the cyotes would show. No luck. About 9:00 the clouds rolled in and the temperature dropped a bunch really fast. I called it a day and went back to the house to watch the Chiefs stink up the place. Herm has set a record for finding new ways to lose.[:(]

ranwin33

RE: Anlerless weekend

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:23 am

I was watching the Chiefs as well - could not believe how they let this one get away.  As I told my wife, there is still enough time in the season for them to win a couple of more games and screw up their draft choice.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Robert Rowland

RE: Anlerless weekend

Postby Robert Rowland » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:54 pm

ORIGINAL: ranwin33

I was watching the Chiefs as well - could not believe how they let this one get away.  As I told my wife, there is still enough time in the season for them to win a couple of more games and screw up their draft choice.

The draft choice has been screwed up for the past several years.
It made my day when I heard that Carl Peterson had announced his resignation. He may have been good for the team for a few years but he has made too many bad decisions in the last several. They have had some very good coaches that had very little to work with because of Carl P.

Return to Missouri