Last Weekend of ML Season

8uck5nort

Last Weekend of ML Season

Postby 8uck5nort » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:16 am

Is anyone venturing out?

Son and I are discussing. I am done for season, but he is still debating if he wants to get out there again. Can't say I don't blame hime Sunday looks cold and blustery. Saturday we are at a family Christmas so that day is probably shot.

Good luck to all!
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

DeerCamp

RE: Last Weekend of ML Season

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:03 am

Same here for Michigan. I havent been able to make it out yet. I was going to go today, but I think Im going to be snowed in.... I have bad tires on my Blazer so I wont be able to make her out to the woods.. Real bummed about it.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

roperc

Postby roperc » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Going out Saturday, probably flush all day and try to get bucks flushed out of thickets. Killed 4 last weekend flushed them all. Worked great! Good luck can't wait until next year.

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:43 am

Sunday came and went. Brutal wind and cold which never got above 4 degrees w/o wind and had 40 + mph gusts to boot. We never made it out of the house except to get bread, milk and eggs for another upcoming ice/snow storm due here Tuesday. It is officially the end of season for us.

Good luck to all next year.

djohns13

Postby djohns13 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:08 am

Sorry you didn't make it out.  I cancelled my bow hunts for Sunday and today due to bitter cold and iced up tree stands.

I am going to give it a run next and maybe add a doe to the collection before bow season ends on the 4th.

Good luck to all who can get out.

Good shooting.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:37 am

My buddy and I hunted the last Saturday of muzzleloader. We knew it was crunch time, so we really went after-we slipped into the bedding areas and sat on the ground trying to ambush them as they came back to lay down.

About 10 past 8:00, I heard something to my right, and saw 5 does walking the ridge, heading back to bed. They came from the opposite side I expected them, and as I was trying to turn and get into shooting position, one blew, and bolted down the ravine, flag up. The others followed. Fortunately, they ran for the swale, and the lead doe stopped 7 yards in front of my hunting partner. His .50 cal ML did the job.

I`m going to try to get out a few more days before January 4, and bow hunt. It`s a long shot at this point, but I want venison.

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:49 am

Congrats for your buddie and the ML kill.

Best of luck on your bow hunting.

Return to Indiana