Early Presents

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
shadow

Early Presents

Postby shadow » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:47 pm

After noticing and mentioning to my wife treestands that had drastic price reductions on them at Dicks, she went shopping. She came back and indicated she wouldn't know which one I would like and to go and buy one for myself from her as a X-Mas gift. Well I was able to get 2- Field and Stream ladder stands for myself. One an oversized single person 15' and the other a double person 15'. Both for 200.00 and change. They both have the oversized platforms extending to the tree and flip up seats and shooting rails. Models names are unknown at this time, as they are now leaning against the bench of the garage with a big piece of wrapping paper over them.
I will be a happy hunter next season with these I'm sure.
I will follow up with pictures after X-Mas.... Why not??  This is a first for me, MY WIFE, a non-hunter who feels that going to the store is a better option than going to the woods gets gear for hunting. Its a start, maybe a rifle someday?? Who knows.

Merry Christmas.

Robert Rowland

RE: Early Presents

Postby Robert Rowland » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Sounds like your wife is a keeper. Better get her something really nice, like maybe some insulated camo and some camo lingerie.[:D]

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Good luck with that dream.[;)] My wife has been getting me hunting and archery gear for years, but is still no closer to going into the woods with me.
Dave M.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:04 pm

I just finished wrapping a brand new Mission Menace bow for my wife for Christmas.  She mentioned this year that she'd like to take up bow hunting.  It totally caught me off guard. 

I can't wait to see her reaction. 

My 8 year old son is my safety valve in case my wife doesn't take to bow hunting like I hope she does.  If she likes it...great!  If not, he'll be able to use it.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:15 pm

My wife got me several nice gifts for Christmas . She got me  a $100 gift card for DICK's sporting Goods and a Stealth-Cam EPIC camera that can be mounted on a Bow Stabilizer . I can't wait to try it out ............ Also got a Blue Tooth for my phone , a gun book , etc . She was real good to me this Christmas . I wonder what's up ???
Semper Fi !

shadow

Postby shadow » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, my wife won't be going into the woods hunting with me anytime soon, she doesn't mind going in for hikes or the occasional tent campout but no hunting for her.
She also was good this year with other gifts besides the stands.

I really can't wait to set these stands up and try them out! They'll be a great addition to my Summit Climber and 2 ground blinds.

Return to Tree Stands