Enough with the pop-ups!

Tips and tricks for using this forum
bobow

Enough with the pop-ups!

Postby bobow » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:18 am

[size="2"]This last time I tried to log in I got a pop-up add for some vodka.  The x to close it did not work and it appeared the only remedy was to click on it for more information.  I just closed the browser and started again.

Now after I get logged in I get another pop-up for Sprint.

The pop-ups are obnoxious at best.  I get tired of the subscription one for D&DH when I am already a subscriber but can tolerate it.

These pages load so slow already due to all the adds that are there.  I understand the need but it is getting to be way too much of a hassle.

If it is my browser, I will apologize.  But have had about enough.  It is just not worth the hassle.  Can you stop this?  Or am I the only one that finds this irritating? 
[/size]
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

nateberly

RE: Enough with the pop-ups!

Postby nateberly » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:40 am

You might want to think about switching browsers. I use Safari mostly and it has a popup blocker that works well. Firefox does also. They are both free downloads.

bobow

Postby bobow » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:12 am

[size="2"]I am using Firefox and the block up setting is turned on.  I also went to the help site and tested it and it is working, yet when I tried to log in again another one besides the subscription one popped up.

Are they not originating from this site?  Can't you control this?
[/size]
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

bobow

Postby bobow » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:35 am

I'll admit I was wrong.  The problem is not pop-up but drop downs from the banner ads at the top of the page it seems.

Add more ads so the pages load even slower......

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:15 am

The only pop up I get on the site is for a D&DH subscription. I always buy mine over the counter so it's in good condition and I usually read and article or two as the little lady is trompin through the grocery store.
Are the ads the reason this site loads soooo slow? I belong to several and this one is by far the slowest, sometimes to the point that I leave without viewing.

CB

kellory

Re: Enough with the pop-ups!

Postby kellory » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:31 pm

If the site is responsible for the new bunch of McDonalds pop ups I am now getting when I access this site by phone, I AN NOT AMUSED. I am having trouble after signing in, and while trying to select the new or unread posting, then up pops a Mcdonalds ad! right in the way! It only happens on this site, period. So what gives? :x
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Re: Enough with the pop-ups!

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:55 pm

It's the Hamburgler Kell. He's become a hacker and is now living in Russia after McDonald's fired him.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Return to Forum rules and help