Alsheimer or Rue?

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
ranwin33

RE: Alsheimer or Rue?

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:46 am

I might go just a little bit later and make it the week before gun season here in Missouri, which usually would be starting around November 7th or so.  But pretty much from end of October to mid-november it's all good.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:52 am

Ill agree with you, we'll see again next year. It does seem that this is normal in my area looking back.
I see next year CA has got the rut pretty early, so I look forward to seeing what happens.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

sticknstringer

Postby sticknstringer » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:30 am

I wonder if Alsheimer and Rue have met and discussed why their rut predictions were so different. Surely these two guys, being as knowledgeable as they are would want to investigate this issue out of respect for each other and for science. Personally I would have to go with Rue on this one even though I really enjoy learning from Charlie.

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:48 am

ORIGINAL: sticknstringer

I wonder if Alsheimer and Rue have met and discussed...

I've often wondered the same thing. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall for that one?

chasin tailz

Postby chasin tailz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:58 am

I'd have to go with Rue. Both are great.  I'v kept a records in my bowhunting log for over 15 years, and the rut activity consistantly points to last few days of October through the end of the second week of November.

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:48 pm

I agree, they both are great educators, and I have a deep respect for both of them. They both have done so much and are so knowledgeable on deer and deer behavior that I hate to disagree with either one of them.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Previous

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features