Taurus "Judge"

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
HoneyHole

Taurus "Judge"

Postby HoneyHole » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:22 am

I may just have to get one. It looks like a fun gun to shoot. I heard they're only $400 or so too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl-ZIo-Wztc

shaman

RE: Taurus "Judge"

Postby shaman » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:29 am

I have a pistol that shoots the .410/45LC combination.  .410 rounds come out of it in a pattern that is roughly 10ft at 10 ft.  The 000 Buck loads are certainly potent, but you need to be close.  Standard 45 LC loads are just this side of painful, but I reload them down a bit to take the worst of the sharpness out. 

I bought this piece, a 2-shot derringer, as a put-it-in-their-chest-and-send-'em-to-where-they're-going  weapon.  In those days I was worried about meeting with rattlers on the trail (2-legged or otherwise), and wanted a light weapon worn on my pack strap. 

I have since given up on this experiment. #6 bird shot will do it a timber rattler at your feet.  However, the one time I ran into one, the encounter was over quicker than I could have ever drawn.  As to the 2-legged snakes, I finally decided that I'd rather carry a more conventional stainless .357 Mag.

On the other hand, I had a buddy that worked on one of the local suburban police depts. His boss, the chief,  used to carry a TC Contender with the .410/45 LC barrel.  He kept it loaded with 000 Buck.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:28 pm

They had one of those Taurus "The Judge" guns at a drawing at our local Elk's Lodge,pretty cool looking gun and I did get on the board a few times but didn't end up winning it! [:(] I thought it would be pretty cool to have my 1969 GTO "Judge" and a Taurus "Judge" to go along with it!  [;)]

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:07 pm

GTO hunter, you can always purchase the gun, but I bet the car might be a tad more expensive and harder to find.

Return to Guns and Ammo