Wildgame Cameras

chedrick

Wildgame Cameras

Postby chedrick » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Has anyone experienced problems with the wildgame cameras?  My brother purchased 5 of the 2 mp and I was impressed at first with the photo quality and the price of the cameras.  They worked great for three weeks,  but we had to change the batteries once during that period.  Then they all quit working.  New batteries and no pictures.  Each time we would return to check them, they would be turned off.  Needless to say he took them back to the retailer which didn't even quibble about the return.  Apparently, they have taken back boxes of the wildgame camers with all the same problem.  He traded 5 for two higher quality moultrie cameras, which I think he should have done to begin with.  I would advise anyone against purchasing these cameras until they get the kinks worked out.

fasteddie

RE: Wildgame Cameras

Postby fasteddie » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:46 am

I have 3 WildGame cameras thatI have used and one that is still packaged . They are all battery eaters . I had set one up a couple times at my Mother's property about 60 miles away . Went back in ia week and it had a couple pics and the batteries were DEAD . Changed them and tried again ---- same problem . One ones that use the AAA batteries are expensive to run . I was thinking of taking a couple of them , put them on public land with no locks and let some thief steal them . It would be a Pay-Back for a crook !!! [:D]..[:D]..[:D]
I have a Stealth Cam and a Moultrie IR . they both work great and the batteries last a couple months . [:)]
Semper Fi !

Bart

RE: Wildgame Cameras

Postby Bart » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:14 pm

These seriously eat batteries. I have two of the S1.3 models.  Regular batteries last about a week and alkalines about 10 to 13 days.  Both start to have some blackout photos within five days which, in my opinion, is the level of power these things are sucking.  Since they were only $50 each, I decided to hack one up and hooked up a 6v rechargeable lantern battery and solar panel.  Four c batteries are 1 amp and the 6v is 5 amp.  Theoretically, if I'm right,  I won't get blackouts and won't replace batteries.  If this works, it's a steal - $50 camera, $10 6v rechargeable, and $25 solar panel = $85 for camera that never needs batteries again.  Hope I'm right and it works.

Return to Scouting Cameras