Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
deerhunter713

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Postby deerhunter713 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:58 am

What are you all hearing from your states regarding the Ammunition Accountability Legislation?  Reference this link:
http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington already have legislation introduced.

If this passes, you realize all handloading will basically be outlawed.  There will be definite registering and traceability of purchasers of ammo, and by default identification of who the lawful gun owners are in this country.

Just interested if this is a topic that you all have been hearing anything about, and if not, you might want to ask yourself why...
NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

deerhunter713

RE: Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Postby deerhunter713 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:45 am

Nothing from anybody?
NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:13 am

this all stem from two goons who invested they're life savings and then some to develop a process called microstamping. these guys tried to market this technology to the ammunition makers. they were told that it was useless, way to costly, and nothing the manufacturers wanted.so they're next step was to approach the gun control crowd who are always looking to find a way to make owning a gun as hard as they can if not impossible. this technology has been proven to be useless and that it would do absolutley nothing to curb crime. much like 99.9% of the crap these nuts cme up with.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:45 am

Old News from last year. It was laughed out of trounced in committee in MD, PA legislators indicated it was going nowhere and Russ Ford interviewed with Cam Edwards on NRA NEWS. Very telling interview.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ammo+Serialization&search_type=&aq=f]
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f[/url]

Be sure you take the time to listen to all 5 segments

deerhunter713

Postby deerhunter713 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:30 am

Thanks for the link, I watched all 5...good interview.
NRA Life Member

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:02 pm

No problem, did you find Russ as nutty as I did?

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:10 pm

I hadn't seen this thread until now, but here's what I wrote in my newspaper columnn on Saturday, Feb. 7, 2009:
Lawmakers should know better.

The fact that lawmakers know so little about something as simple as guns makes me wonder how they can know anything about making the economy work.

Steve

When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Guns and Ammo