Vegan Diet Leads to Rickets and Death of Child

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Corey Graff

Postby Corey Graff » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:38 am

[size=2]
Doctors have long debated the nutritional value of a vegan diet for children. Tragically, a 12-year-old girl from Scotland died from what doctors report was an attempt to follow a vegan diet enforced by her parents.

According to Fox News, the girl was transported to the hospital where doctors claimed her curved spine was that of an 80-year-old. In addition to having several broken bones and a degenerative bone disease, she exhibited a developed case of rickets.

The child's parents are facing possible criminal charges, as some doctors claim that her maladies were brought on by the strict vegan diet she has been forced to adhere to since birth. Vegan diets exclude meat, fish, and dairy, which would have provided the growing child with the nutrition to prevent her conditions, say doctors.

Unfortunately, the case is not the first of its kind. Last year, a couple allowed their infant to starve to death on what they claimed to be a vegan diet. They were tried and received a life sentence in prison.

Source: United States Sportsmen's Alliance
[/size]

Sailfish

RE: Vegan Diet Leads to Rickets and Death of Child

Postby Sailfish » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:36 pm

Jeez at least feed the kid milk.

Human teeth structure are designed as most omnivores are.
A varied diet. I do not know where these vegan people get their ideas from.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

scotman

Postby scotman » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:14 pm

I'm not sure what the laws are like in Scotland but I sure hope they go to prison, for life. There is a huge difference when a adult chooses a vegan diet but a whole different story when you force a vegan diet on your own kids which harms their physical development and in this case their life. If I was a betting man, I would bet that the parents of the dead child were not subjected to the same vegan diet when they where children themselves. The kicker is these people hold animals higher in regard than their own children.
"The deerskin rug on our study floor, the buck's head over the fireplace, what are these after all but the keys which have unlocked enchanted doors, and granted us not only health and vigor, but a fresh and fairer vision of existence" -Paul. Brandreth

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:46 am

ORIGINAL: scotman

I'm not sure what the laws are like in Scotland but I sure hope they go to prison, for life. There is a huge difference when a adult chooses a vegan diet but a whole different story when you force a vegan diet on your own kids which harms their physical development and in this case their life. If I was a betting man, I would bet that the parents of the dead child were not subjected to the same vegan diet when they where children themselves. The kicker is these people hold animals higher in regard than their own children.

that is the kicker.. its a shame

Return to Breaking News