CODE BLUE

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
bckklr

CODE BLUE

Postby bckklr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:51 pm

whats your opinions on code blue standing estrous is it worth the money & what about the way deer react to it , any different to any other deer p
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

EatDeer

RE: CODE BLUE

Postby EatDeer » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:23 pm

I'd think s.e. code blue would work pretty darn good, because it's fresh from one deer in prime estrus, and you have to special order the stuff, you can't buy it over the counter.  It's costly is my only complaint($40), I'd rather wait on a hot doe to mark one of my mock scrapes for free. I saw Roger Raglin use it as a scent trail, and the buck came in right after he got set up, and sniffed the trail right to him like he was being pulled in on a string. I could see the scent fireing up some bucks over night if you put it in a scrape before you left the night before,then the bucks would be checking your hunting area come daylight by sight, because they could'nt locate the doe at night.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

twotone3

Postby twotone3 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:38 pm

I used ths s.e. code blue last deer season and it worked pretty well.  I made a couple different drags with it and had just as many bucks follow straight along where I had made the drags.  Normally I see more does than bucks on my property but where I had used the s.e. code blue I didn't see a single doe.  So I don't know if for some reason the scent kept them away or if they were just on a different part of the property those days.  I did end up seeing some does on the other side of the property on following days once I moved locations and didn't use the scent.  Either way the s.e. code blue had two bucks walk directly beneath me following the exact routes I made my drags, so I would say it worked nicely.

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:13 pm

The doe's may have felt thier territory was being infringed by the dominat doe urine. Maybe the doe's were even hiding from the rutting bucks that were looking for the "hot doe" that left the estrus scent. Sounds like the s.e. code blue lured in some bucks for you anyway.
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:21 pm

I used it last season without any noticeable results other than no deer. Maybe it was just a bad bottle, maybe it was just my luck, but it seemed as if I was using magnafied human scent. I was doing everything else right and there are plenty of deer here. Yea, I saw deer, just no shooters.

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:31 pm

the 1st year i used the stuff i missed a giant about 10ft from my wick my muzzleloader hesitated & i jerked but when rifle season opened i took my biggest buck to date with its nose touching my wick the 2nd year i saw a few small bucks but no shooters but i do believe the stuff works i just dont agree with the price it seems like they could make it more affordable    ken
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:18 am

im going to give s.e. a shot this year

Return to General Discussions