Safety Harness

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Patriot

RE: Safety Harness

Postby Patriot » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:58 pm

I still wear the old school safety belt around my waist.  I need to get a harness system soon.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm waiting for the 09 hss vest to come out before i get it. Supposed to be lighter and more fitting.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:35 pm

I have a HSS Treestalker. Its good the only thing I dont like is if you set your gun/bow on your lap it can be noisy if they bump the buckles, I'm going to add mole skin for bows over the buckles to hopefully prevent that. They were $74.99 at Walmart last year and I didnt buy one, got marked down to $52 still didnt buy...went back one day and they were in a different clearance area...$10!!! Bought the rest of them[:D]
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:45 am

I wear the HSS pro vest. I don't think anyone has a valid reason for not wearing one. Even if you don't care about yourself that much, wear one for someone who relies on & cares about you.

For those who wear the waist strap, it's not considered safe anymore. I heard a traffic report back in September saying there was a backup on a major highway because people were slowing down to see a hunter hanging upside down from his treestand. He probably wore the waist strap.
Dave M.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:00 am

I wear the harness that came with my summit for now.  I am also waiting for the new HSS to come out.  the wife got me bass pro cards for christmas to buy one and when i heard there were new ones coming out i decided to wait. I never go into a stand without one.

Goose

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:48 am

Everything I see on the new one is pretty good. Smaller, fits better, more pockets, and better system for bino's.
I got one for Christmas and took it back to the store to wait for the new one to come out. Figured I might as well wait for the 09 model.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Woody

Postby Woody » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:26 am

I agree bowtech that nobody has a valid reason for not wearing one. I know someone who doesnt because they say it stops them from turning and shooting behind them. I personally think it is more important to stay safe.
When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 ft. closer to God.

jacannon63

Postby jacannon63 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:30 am

I have been hunting from climbers for 37 years now and have never had a fall, but I might the next time, so I always wear a body harness, have a cell phone and a sharp knife close at hand.
Stump sittin since 1981

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:43 am

ORIGINAL: Patriot

I still wear the old school safety belt around my waist.  I need to get a harness system soon.

Yes, you do, that belt could be as bad or worse than nothing at all (if you fell)!! Not to "preach" but, you really need to think about the ones who love you and, count on you coming home each day.

paulie

Postby paulie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:45 am

I wear my harness (hss) whenever I'm 'off the ground'.

Next

Return to Tree Stands