Scent wick Tip

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
JOEL

RE: Scent wick Tip

Postby JOEL » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:10 pm

you can also use panti liners for footpads,they come with an adhesive strip and are absorbent .so stock up on those while your buying tampons ladies [:D]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

dxthunter57

Postby dxthunter57 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:19 am

I would like to know which one of yous, is secure enough in your manhood
to go to the durgstore and explain your purchase to the lovely young
lady at the check out. Or to explain to your wives how a box of her feminin hygene products went missing and showed up in with your hunting gear.
I will stick with the dryer sheets. Both are great tips though keep em comming. Cdn1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
good one good one
hahahah
man i dunno
me and my friends were gonna play a prank on one of my firends and put tampons everywhere in his room but my parents found the tampons in my clothes bag and had a long talk to me ahahhaa
i think they were a little concerned

Xplorer

Postby Xplorer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:05 am

ORIGINAL: shadow

You can hang them from branches, you can dip them into scent bottles, you can even use them as a scent drag if you tie on an extra piece of string.  Yes... they are womens tampons.

LOL, yes I saw one in a tree this past Saturday while hunting. Had never thought of that. The string make a perfect way to tie it to the branch. Now, wonder where the wife hides hers.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:14 am

we always use old 35mm camera cases or medicine bottles and a paperclip for our scent wicks. drill a few holes and put two or three cotten balls and you have a homemade scent bomb.

shadow

Postby shadow » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:30 am

Xplorer,  Did you smell it??  Are you sure it had a deer scent on it?? Image  Well i'm sure your right. But I was getting kinda worried... I'm glad someone saw one used for hunting. I guess now I know I'm not the only one using them for this purpose.
Although the person that used it should have taken it home with him after the hunt.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:42 am

ORIGINAL: jaybyrd450r

heck if i new i would shoot a monster i would use tampons ,a bra,womens panties what ever it took now explain that to the wife or hunting buddy who see you pull out your new hanes her way scent drag but thats only if i was garenteed a monster

LOL! File this one under "Antler Illness"!!!!  [:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:03 am

Tampons also make good yardage markers.  I've been using them for years....for hunting purposes of course.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:03 pm

Yes, tampons do make great scent wicks. Just a piece of cotton with a string. And, I have talked to a gentleman who has used his wife's used tampon and he claims it works. I personally have not tried it.

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 pm

I've heard of women being harassed by bucks during the rut & I'm pretty sure it's due to using the scent wicks mentioned above.

Just can't bring myself to ask my wife, "Honey, can you put it in this baggy when you're done with it"? Thinks I'm a deer hunting nut as it is.
Dave M.

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:00 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: DoeEyed

Yes, tampons do make great scent wicks. Just a piece of cotton with a string. And, I have talked to a gentleman who has used his wife's used tampon and he claims it works. I personally have not tried it.
[/quote

What next?  A condom filled with scent and a pinhole in it for a scrape dripper?
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

PreviousNext

Return to Best Practices