Steve Bartylla

Goose

Steve Bartylla

Postby Goose » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:44 am

I just got done reading Steve Bartylla's book Bowhunting Tactics That Deliver Trophies and I want to say it is a great read.
His no nonsense real world bowhunting approach is great and too often missed by other authors.
This book included all modern tactics and tips that cover everything from scent control to public land hunting.
His scent control tactics might seem extreme to some people but I look forward to trying it out this next year.
The tactics he recommends are very helpful and as he's proven they work.
Another thing I liked about it is he isn't trying to sell stuff throughout the book and keeps it in line for the average blue collar hunter.
It also includes some good input on the timing of the rut by the moon theory.

In conclusion I would recommend this book to anybody who wants to learn some different approaches to hunting big bucks.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DeerCamp

RE: Steve Bartylla

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:46 am

Well thanks for the info.. Ill have to pick up a copy
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:29 am

Isn't he the guy who shoots long bows instinctively?  Has a show on the outddor channel?

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 am

No, I think your referring to Tred Barta
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Steve Bartylla

Postby Steve Bartylla » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:50 am

D&DH's Dan Schmidt emailed me a link to this (if you liked my book, be sure to check out his, Whitetail Wisdom. It's one of the best, no BS books I've ever read). I just wanted to say thanks and that I'm glad someone found it helpful. I sure don't pretend to have all the answers or that everything I say is correct. What I do promise is that I sincerely believe what I write or say at that time.

So, thanks Goose and everyone else that follows my work, even occassionally. Whether it's in magazines, books, seminars or the little web/TV stuff I do, I'd never be able to do it if it weren't for you. That may sound cheesy, but it's 100% true.

Steve

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:37 am

Steve after reading this post and compliments you gave Dan Schmidts and Brad Herndon I think I'll have to make your book the first book about bowhunting that I read!  I've been hunting deer for 5 years now and I'm just starting to learn about bow hunting and looking for my first bow.  I think reading your book in the offseason is a good plan.  I'm currently reading Whitetail Wisdom and Mapping Trophy Buck's.  The good people on this site guided me to them.  Welcome to the forum Steve, it's good to hear your comments.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:21 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

No, I think your referring to Tred Barta

Yep, your right...thanks for the clarification

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:49 pm

I've seen Bartylla's book advertised, and have been considering it. Endorsements on boards like this help a lot in selecting what to buy. Thanks for the recommendation, Goose.

I often review two or three books during the summer in my newspaper column, when things are slow, to give hunters an idea what they ought to take with them on vacation. I reviewed Dan Schmidt's Whitetail Wisdom a couple of years ago. I agree -- it's top notch.

Steve (not to be confused with Steve Bartylla)

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:00 am

I am currently "Advanced Stand Hunting Strategies" by Steve Bartylla and so far i have already learned a great deal and I am still just in the second chapter! Great pictures on just about every page so you can physically see what he is talking about on each page, the "trail catcher" (i think thats what its called) tecnique was like "well duh matt!" what a great idea! Such a simple task too! Although i never would of thought of that probly lol, I will def be implying this tactic this year! Can't wait to pick up the book again!  Stupid school, school, school [:@] 

Scot

Postby Scot » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:26 am

I have read both of Steve's books and have enjoyed them very much! They are definitely must haves in the deer hunters library.

Next

Return to Books/DVDs/Magazines