I do everything at home except the actual grinding of the meat. Here is a stage by stage process (with photos of course). It is by no means a perfect display or a detailed account, but should give you the general idea.
Feel free to PM me if you need more details.
1. Kill deer, hang up (be sure not to cut the achilles tendon or it will all fall down)
2. Skin deer from the top down
3. If you want to save the hide, be sure to salt it and get it cool ASAP.
4. I lay down freezer paper on a table to keep meat from getting dirty (my father-in-law pictured here). All meat is double wrapped in freezer paper. Burger scraps are also double wrapped and frozen until I am able to get them to the butcher.
7. Remove front legs
8. Remove meat from front legs
9. Remove rib cage, place on table and remove as much scrap meat as you can