Hiding Your Stand(s)

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Demoderby4

RE: Hiding Your Stand(s)

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks a lot goose! I can always count on ya for some great info on any matter it seems :) maybe i will have to do the xmas tree thing, or do a couple different things and see what works best. Thanks again for the recommendations guys keep em coming if ya got any ideas!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 pm

i used to install these mesh type signs.they cover whole walls of buildings if you can find an outdoor/billboard sign shop they throw them out.i have made countless ground blinds,and "skirts" for climbers with this stuff.you can paint it any color/pattern you like.oh yeah craigslist is great for tons of free stuff and  a buddy of mine posts an ad on there"willing to do handyman work etc in return for hunting access" he's gotten lots of places to hunt with this method[;)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:24 pm

ORIGINAL: Patriot

I was also going to mention the fake Christmas tree idea.  I put up some camo burlap and it seems to work ok.  My area is so wide open and there are few trees.  My favorite spot (see pic) is the only sizeable tree in the area.  Kind of a buzzkill.

I also used ground blinds and try to "brush them in".

It's like you're hunting in the desert with only one tree in the area!  lol  No, I feel your pain Patriot...Been there and done that!  Time for the tree saddle!!  lol
QDM!

Previous

Return to Tree Stands